Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thank You!

Having seen the first production model rendering, being impressed with how it looks and now seeing how close the real deal is to that rendering. I'm extremely happy, GREAT looking compact.

The rendering:

(as originally posted here)

·
Registered
2 Posts
rear end could have more going on to it, not nearly as exciting as the front end

but even with that flaw I identified... its design still helps to position it well among the competition.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I dont mind the big spindle mouth (a la Lexus) but what I dont like is how its at such odds with the rest of the car. It looks like the grille wants to pull the rest of the car down to the ground (which is a great look) but then the profile and rear kept the econobox styling of the 2... ahhh

needs to be seen in the metal IMO...

·
Registered
401 Posts
I dont mind the big spindle mouth (a la Lexus) but what I dont like is how its at such odds with the rest of the car. It looks like the grille wants to pull the rest of the car down to the ground (which is a great look) but then the profile and rear kept the econobox styling of the 2... ahhh

needs to be seen in the metal IMO...
They did do little things differently to the rear tail light setup that helps.

But like what many have said, they could have done more.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Maybe they will offer some TRD performance parts that will make the whole car match a bit better with the aggressive looking front.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Maybe they will offer some TRD performance parts that will make the whole car match a bit better with the aggressive looking front.
What specific performance parts would those be that you'd like to see help with accomplishing that?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well the iM concept had some nice body work on it, though I don't expect that to be offered to customers. A spoiler could be a possibility though. It'd also be cool to get some exhaust options. Other things like shift knobs and wheels could work too.

Here is a link to TRD parts website. Take a look and consider what is possible.

http://www.trdusa.com/?faq=pause

·
Registered
370 Posts
Don't give up hope just yet.

There always is Five Axis, for all we know they could be designing aero parts based off of what we seen in the concept, something i'd be in favor of.

·
Registered
422 Posts
There was no ia concept. Wasn't what we saw the production model?

Still I am hoping for some TRD parts. Crossing my fingers.

·
Registered
370 Posts
There was no ia concept. Wasn't what we saw the production model?

Still I am hoping for some TRD parts. Crossing my fingers.
I meant the iM, its 'concept'
And it's even quite possible we could see a Five Axis iM kit have similar cues to a Five Axis iA kit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts