Scion IA Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
A 1966 GTO with a big block and a 4 speed
Ahhh see now this makes a lot more sense to me lol. Now I can understand his horrendous mileage. The GT86 would be oodles better than that thing on gas lol. Darn pretty much anything built today will blow that thing out of the park in fuel efficiency

·
Registered
204 Posts
A 1966 GTO with a big block and a 4 speed
Ahhh see now this makes a lot more sense to me lol. Now I can understand his horrendous mileage. The GT86 would be oodles better than that thing on gas lol. Darn pretty much anything built today will blow that thing out of the park in fuel efficiency
Yeah, there's semi trucks that get better gas mileage than that nowadays

·
Registered
204 Posts
LOL that's only hilarious because it's extremely true.
My aunt is pushing 13 mpg with her new Volvo hauling a car trailer, she finally decided it was time to let the 96 Dodge 3500 sit at the farm while she was driving cross country when she hit 1.33 million miles with it (probably 1.1-1.15 million hauling car trailers) and it was about time to invest in an actual semi truck... but that cummins still starts every time, she's only on her third or fourth clutch with it too.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Holy ****, I have never seen anyone hit anything near 1 million miles :|
and ONLY gone through three or four clutches is absolute insanity to me. That's amazing !

·
Registered
204 Posts
Holy ****, I have never seen anyone hit anything near 1 million miles

and ONLY gone through three or four clutches is absolute insanity to me. That's amazing !
I've driven a few cars past a million miles... and my aunt had a lot of highway miles, not much gear shifting so not much clutch usage

·
Registered
401 Posts
that's insane what does she do for a living?
I bet if she contacted volvo about it they will gladly take it and give her something brand new for free, companies love stories like that. a similar thing happened with a Toyota Tundra owner,

·
Registered
204 Posts
that's insane what does she do for a living?
I bet if she contacted volvo about it they will gladly take it and give her something brand new for free, companies love stories like that. a similar thing happened with a Toyota Tundra owner,
Um... that's good... most semis don't touch 10... and she has a farm but she'll haul car trailers cross countrywhen she's not needed on the farm (her husband and kids can run it) for extra cash

·
Registered
235 Posts
I would highly doubt they would give her a brand new one for free considering Semi's tend to hit this mileage quite easily given the distance they're covering on trips. For regular passenger, everyday commuter cars, maybe. Honda did it that once but that's the only time I've really heard of it.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts