Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
surprised they didn't cover potential sales volume for the iA, seeing how this is a business mag, even a little snippet of the possibility of this venture from scion in numbers.

·
Registered
422 Posts
...even modest sales could be considered a success and that jibes well with the brand’s intent to remain small, nimble and an incubator for unique ideas.
I agree with the idea that modest sales can still be considered a success, but I do wonder where these unique ideas are in the Scion brand. Seems hard to be unique when all your vehicles are rebadged versions of vehicles designed by other brands.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I agree with the idea that modest sales can still be considered a success, but I do wonder where these unique ideas are in the Scion brand. Seems hard to be unique when all your vehicles are rebadged versions of vehicles designed by other brands.
Chances are they're working on that but first they need to build the brand to a point they can then justify dumping hundreds of millions into a product that's completely them.

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Still better than what they currently have which is only declining more and more in sales volume, numbers are getting horrible for them. Sales guys are probably going crazy, holding it out for the iA and iM.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Still better than what they currently have which is only declining more and more in sales volume, numbers are getting horrible for them. Sales guys are probably going crazy, holding it out for the iA and iM.
that's almost a guarantee.

then they have the Toyota Aygo-based iX hatch said to come to market:

·
Registered
422 Posts
I wouldn't want to be a Scion sales person. If I was, I would be basically holding my breath for the new models to come out. All the sudden they might actually have a nice commission coming home.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I think it depends on the dealer, if it's a Scion dealer connected to a Toyota dealer, the smartest thing is to have the same sales reps for both brands.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think it depends on the dealer, if it's a Scion dealer connected to a Toyota dealer, the smartest thing is to have the same sales reps for both brands.
Are there even any stand alone Scion dealers? I just don't see that strategy doing very well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts