Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've been researching the iA for a while now. I've primarily used this website for my pre-purchase to gather all the information I can, so thank you to all the people that post this valuable information. I finally did make my purchase last Tuesday. I was hoping for the manual but because I got a steal for the automatic, I ended up buying it. I'm definitely not disappointed. The car is awesome. I emerged from a 2004 Cadillac Deville, which by the way is for sale. ;) After two years of 16 MPG, I was done. I'm happy with my new iA. The one thing I'd like to add to it is a remote start. I have read around to get one installed. It seems as though all of the remote start systems/bypass modules all require a restart after opening the door. I'm guessing this is for security. I recently talked with a friend who owns a Nissan Murano with a push to start ignition. He had an aftermarket remote start added. His car shuts off too if he opens the door. However, with his car, if he presses the unlock first with the oem key fob it remains running after opening the door. I'm just curious if its still possible on the iA without engine cutoff. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
235 Posts
It should definitely be possible as that's a huge inconvenience and just straight up annoying lol. But welcome to the forums and congratulations ! How'd you enjoy the Cadillac Deville ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping it's possible. It would be pretty annoying to have to restart the engine every time. The Cadillac was great but bad on gas. I loved the air ride system though. Very smooth. I actually just replaced the shocks so it was like riding on a cloud. There are a few features I do miss, like the air-ride, heated seats and heated steering wheel. I love my new iA though. Wouldn't go back if I had to!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts