Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here at the forum. Does anyone know if here is a front lip that I can buy? I scratched the bottom from a curb but I don't want to further damage it later on

·
Registered
401 Posts
Nothing that I have seen specifically for the iA but it might be possible to find a lip that comes close from another car that could only take some cutting and adjusting for a custom lip.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Might be tough to find. Not understanding why you want a new one though? Wouldn't you have just as much a chance of scratching that one? Can you not buff or paint the bumper you have? What will you do with the original bumper?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm pretty sure we're just exiting the tail end of the 'too early' stage as far as aftermarket parts go. I haven't gotten any confirmation on my hypothesis, but I imagine that the market for parts is going to increase if Toyota takes the iA under its production wing. Being so, I think there'd be a harder push from TRD to start making parts, and competition would soon follow.

Speaking of parts, whatever happened to the RS*R springs / coils? Did they just drop the ball?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think you are right about parts. I'd expect to have parts come out shortly after the Toyota version comes out. So that means perhaps in the fall?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'd be surprised if TRD bothers to do any parts for this car. With so much existing aftermarket support for Mazdas already, my guess is they'll let those folks take the business rather than invest R&D in a non Toyota platform.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts