Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Got my iA this Saturday. Looking forward to a growing and vibrant community for these cars. I'm a physicist (in graduate school currently) and I've got a bit of experience working on cars. I like long walks on the beach, candlelit dinners, and...

Well, enough about me, here's the iA:

Really happy with it so far.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome! Very nice iA! We are still a growing community and knowledge base, but getting bigger daily!

·
Registered
422 Posts
The interior in the picture you posted looks great. Especially the infotainment screen. Since you've been working on cars in the past, does that mean that you will be making changes to your car as well?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Congrats on the iA, seeing it and the Mercedes CLA in the distance... the iA doesn't look too bad at all! All these need is some sportier styling cues for those that want more. But even when its simple, it can go a long way...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all! Got my iA this Saturday. Looking forward to a growing and vibrant community for these cars. I'm a physicist (in graduate school currently) and I've got a bit of experience working on cars. I like long walks on the beach, candlelit dinners, and...

Well, enough about me, here's the iA:

Really happy with it so far.
Welcome and Congratulations! I just bought one this Monday and it is amazeballs!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The interior in the picture you posted looks great. Especially the infotainment screen. Since you've been working on cars in the past, does that mean that you will be making changes to your car as well?
Thanks!

Yeah, I will likely be installing some adjustable coilovers when they become available and there is some info and reviews out about them, and will probably do a sub install soonish. I also hope that TRD will release a short shifter kit, sway bars, etc for our cars, but when/if good aftermarket solutions exist I may pick some of those up too. The way this car handles is typical of a Mazda (much better than other economy cars) but I'd like a slightly firmer, tighter suspension setup, especially one that I can adjust when I want a more comfortable ride. TRD stuff is usually pretty mild.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Let us know when you hear anything about the coil overs. I've been dying to drop this bad boy since I got it.
Thanks!

Yeah, I will likely be installing some adjustable coilovers when they become available and there is some info and reviews out about them, and will probably do a sub install soonish. I also hope that TRD will release a short shifter kit, sway bars, etc for our cars, but when/if good aftermarket solutions exist I may pick some of those up too. The way this car handles is typical of a Mazda (much better than other economy cars) but I'd like a slightly firmer, tighter suspension setup, especially one that I can adjust when I want a more comfortable ride. TRD stuff is usually pretty mild.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts