Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Did anyone here purchase the GPS? If so, how much does it cost and how frequent are the updates and is there any costs with the updates?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have it "ordered" . My dealer is supposed to let me know when the SD cards come in. MSRP is like $439, but some dealers might be selling it cheaper. If it follows the Mazda nav upgrade pattern (and I'm sure it will), it should be updates twice per year, free for three years.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Will it cost another $439 after 3 years to have continued service and updates?
Not sure. But I'm pretty happy with that, as I currently replace a $300ish GPS every few years now. Having one built in is worth the extra premium for me. :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I saw the GPS sd card on ebay for 350, not sure if its the same thing, as for updates i havent the foggiest, this is my first nav equipped car haha

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm not sure on that, I doubt it though, you could have the voice nav from the phone through the car speakers though

·
Registered
370 Posts
Any chance you can hook up your phone's map and have it display on the infotainment screen?
Can't see that happening, the only thing that will be able to go from phone to infotainment are media, calls, and the typical things we've been used to with that combined experience.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Last week I saw a GPS SD card for the iA on eBay for $329, can't find it now. I guess they might come around again.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Last week I saw a GPS SD card for the iA on eBay for $329, can't find it now. I guess they might come around again.
I didnt see any for 329, but this isnt bad.

Also, i happen to be up in orlando until tuesday haha im at universal

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah, I was at the dealer a couple of blocks away from Universal for over 4 hours. I would rather have been at Universal having a couple of drinks or something. Man I hate dealing with dealers, I always come away pissed off because they jerk you around.
I will keep watching eBay for the GPS card, I'm sure someone will place one again. I only need it in December, so I'll wait and watch.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would set up a search for that sd card, and then 'follow' the search so ebay will tell you everytime it gets posted up

·
Registered
39 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-SCION-IA-OEM-NAVIGATION-UPDATE-SD-CARD-PTMZD-1M160-/141813528537?hash=item2104beb7d9:g:9UIAAOSwT5tWLjbI&vxp=mtrLjbI&vxp=mtr[/URL]

·
Registered
39 Posts
I tried to use a mazda 3 sd card but it wouldn't work. Hope they offer 3 years of updates like mazda does since technically they're made by mazda...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well I got mine & put it in...works like a charm....can't seem to find out from anyone how much annual updates to the card are....I have Mazda toolbox & am gonna try to see if it recognizes the card...would be nice...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Picked up my Nav card today $299 from my dealer - wow it's a lot nicer than I thought! It shows speed limits, next upcoming roads, etc. much better implementation than I thought.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts