Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Not an owner yet, but we're very interested in the Scion iA. We did a test drive in a manual, sterling and everything went well.

We want a subcompact and the price is great for all the features. I'm surprised I haven't seen more of these around; I think the main problem is most people don't know about the iA. The dealer said Toyotas are the main sell. I feel like they could do a better job of advertising/promoting the Scion iA. They didn't know much about it, and our salesperson hadn't even test driven the one on their lot until we visited. We were telling them about the high safety ratings.

Our local dealer is ordering an automatic in graphite for us to try out. Hopefully it gets here soon!! We have a 250+ mile drive down to San Francisco in February and we're hoping to have a new car by then.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome! I have had my iA since September and love it! I completely agree that more could be done to promote this car - it's the best value for the money in my opinion.

If you have any questions, please let us know! Hope that it works out for you!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think you just have to be in the targeted demographic. I see plenty of ads online. They are targeting young people so I think that YouTube is the most likely place to find ads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I never heard of the car until I did a search for a vehicle with all the features I wanted: push start, backup camera, HD radio, affordable, and Nav system. This car came up. They should promote the car to different markets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We hadn't heard of the Scion iA until I started researching 'best subcompacts' and 'best compacts'. I read and watched tons of reviews on lots of different cars. During my research, I did end up seeing the Scion iA ads, and was not impressed. "Weird, huh" is the tagline and I think it's pretty bad. I'd rather have the tagline be "Fully loaded at base price--with no haggling" I don't know something like that haha.

The other cars we read up on and test drove were:
* Kia Rio (would cost more to get the features we wanted, gas mileage meh)
* Kia Forte (expensive, gas mileage meh)
* Prius c (too expensive, awesome gas mileage)

I said, let's get the cheapest car we're happy with. Of course we'd love a Prius C, but the Scion iA was about $5,000 cheaper and had the features we wanted :)

We're happy with the iA and excited to take it on a little road trip this weekend! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts