Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be swapping out my 2014 Mazda3 for the Scion iA. I'm wanting to downsize but most importantly lower my car payment. The Mazda was my first car purchase and I got more than I could comfortably afford. My credit is good enough that Toyota financing approved me for 0% financing or 0.9% at 72 months which leaves me with a great monthly payment. I'm beyond excited to start fresh, especially with a car that is still a Mazda just with a Scion badge on it that has a ton of features. I test drove it last night and surprisingly it is actually quieter than my Mazda3 and just as fun to drive.

I'm looking into getting the OEM armrest, does anyone have it and recommend it?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm going to be swapping out my 2014 Mazda3 for the Scion iA. I'm wanting to downsize but most importantly lower my car payment. The Mazda was my first car purchase and I got more than I could comfortably afford. My credit is good enough that Toyota financing approved me for 0% financing or 0.9% at 72 months which leaves me with a great monthly payment. I'm beyond excited to start fresh, especially with a car that is still a Mazda just with a Scion badge on it that has a ton of features. I test drove it last night and surprisingly it is actually quieter than my Mazda3 and just as fun to drive.

I'm looking into getting the OEM armrest, does anyone have it and recommend it?
Congrats! My friend.... Yes the Mazda3 is a good car but they say the iA's sky active engine is the quietest that Mazda makes! My boss owns a Mazda3 and the engine is louder for sure. You can expect not only lowering your payment but over the top mpg, my last tank 43mpg Best of luck with your new iA tmig

·
Registered
98 Posts
PS: The armrest is a welcome addition. However it will take some patience putting in. It is not the easiest task and there are some good tips to be had. One I learned on my own that was not listed prior is to bend the feet on the main steel bracket prior to the install, it makes it much easier.

·
Registered
422 Posts
That's really annoying that it is difficult to install. It seems to me it should have come with an armrest from the beginning.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Rob: Have you made this swap yet? Just curious, are the seats in the iA the same as the Mazda3 from 2014 and after? Because the Mazda3 cabin is one of the only cars I've never got uncomfortable in. I'll be test driving an iA soon, but wanted to see if they were the same.

·
Registered
44 Posts
No, I'm hoping to get the Scion model, only because it seems there will be two trims on the Toyota, and I'm also crossing my fingers for a deal as Scion wraps up on as a brand...so it would be the 2016.

Edit: Lol, perhaps you were asking OP, my bad.

·
Registered
401 Posts
No, I'm hoping to get the Scion model, only because it seems there will be two trims on the Toyota, and I'm also crossing my fingers for a deal as Scion wraps up on as a brand...so it would be the 2016.

Edit: Lol, perhaps you were asking OP, my bad.
I just hope they don't do anything drastic to the iA once it goes under Toyota, nothing that makes it much better since that will impact out cars values.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.