Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Scion on Thursday. I went to the dealership to look at a used (2015) Corolla and ended up driving home in a sweet little new iA. I've put about 350 miles on it so far.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a few things that made me change my mind. I liked the looks of the iA better. The iA has push button start; the Corolla required an antiquated key. The iA had 2 miles; the Corolla 16,000. They were priced similarly but the iA had 0% interest and the Corolla had 1.9% so the iA ended up less expensive. I did like the Corolla's automatic climate control better than the iA's manual, but I felt the iA was a little more forgiving when going over expansion joints and uneven pavement. I also liked the almost cockpit like feel of the iA interior.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Congratulations. Any observations about the car so far? Likes? Dislikes?

Any changes that you'd like to make to it?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hopefully the originally modified Scion iA has inspired you to modify yours, we need to see one of these in blue, lowered and on some aftermarket wheels!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Congratulations. Any observations about the car so far? Likes? Dislikes?

Any changes that you'd like to make to it?
Lando, I am very conservative in the big picture so no lowering, wheels or anything like that for me. Its all good for those who choose.

Actually one thing that will require a little getting used too. I am not very tall so when I adjust the seat backwards to my comfort level I find that the rest on the door seems in front of where my natural resting position for my arm is. Also the rest is narrow compared to most. I will get the center armrest accessory in time as I find myself wanting to depend on it getting in the vehicle, I'm not 80 years old yet, but not nearly the target age for this vehicle.

So far my short commute 12 miles and back indicates 40+mpg on the computer but I will have to do a real calculation when the tank runs out which in all probability will be next month;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
What about accessories like window tints, mats, vent visors and the like? Any of those?
MOE, I am pretty much an old man when it comes to the Scion purchase. Window tints as I have experienced in the past all have to be changes within a few years, would have paid for real tint though.

Other than that I am good to Go:) I am amazed how well this vehicle works as is. Some things folks like to add, I get it... not for me, but most folks like something a bit different. I'm good, the car as is totally sweet for the most part. I want to just get used to it. I have added many accessories to vehicles in the past only to wonder after the excitement wore off Why?:confused:

I work for Michelin as a tire Tread designer and I only wish another company produced this size tire other than Toyo :crying: To me that is a weak area for this vehicle.

On another note: At 300 miles on the vehicle today, computer still showing a 40.5 mpg....... We will see if this adds up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts