Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 18 iA, loaded Mazda tweaks on it 10 months ago no issues. I don't think that's the issue I think it's an electrical issue. But I have never had a problem with it. Until yesterday I get in and the unit doesn't power on. I have turned the car on and off numerous times, checked fuses, disconnected battery and not even a flicker, and yes I've also tried the 3 button reset but since it's not even turning on it doesn't work..... ANYBODY have idea's? I'm going to get a wiring diagram from Toyota today and try and see if it's getting power at all or not. If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 18 iA, loaded Mazda tweaks on it 10 months ago no issues. I don't think that's the issue I think it's an electrical issue. But I have never had a problem with it. Until yesterday I get in and the unit doesn't power on. I have turned the car on and off numerous times, checked fuses, disconnected battery and not even a flicker, and yes I've also tried the 3 button reset but since it's not even turning on it doesn't work..... ANYBODY have idea's? I'm going to get a wiring diagram from Toyota today and try and see if it's getting power at all or not. If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.
Hi, I have a 2016 IA, it started doing things like this when the original battery was actually beginning to die (about 4 yrs in from 2015 manufacturing date). Not weak enough so that the car struggled to start, but low enough to cause the audio and electrical accessories to malfunction or not work at all. I would actually check your battery level. But you may need to upgrade your software as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank's for the info, but I got it figured out... my power wire from my amp was pinched and it was shorting out and popping the fuse. And fyi the fuse that runs power to the infotainment system is the 7.5 amp mirror one... weird huh

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thank's for the info, but I got it figured out... my power wire from my amp was pinched and it was shorting out and popping the fuse. And fyi the fuse that runs power to the infotainment system is the 7.5 amp mirror one... weird huh

How did your wire get pinched?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did your wire get pinched?
I realized that my amp can power up off the signal that it gets from the speaker wires and I ended up pulling the remote wire out. When I did the remote wire got pinched in the kick panel when I ended up putting it back on, it just took some time for the vibrations to get through the insulation of the wire before it started shorting out (facepalm).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had problems like that myself. I have been honesty struggling with everything that even remotely involves electricity. Aside from changing a light-bulb I am useless when it comes to wires. I have been relying on using professional help ever since I moved out of my parent's house. Luckily I live in North Carolina and we have a lot of good contractors here that do electrical work around here. have used the services of one local company the most though. They have really good workers that come fast do their work quickly and really professionally. I have enjoyed their services for a few years. If you guys need their help you can check their website here: https://bates-electric.com/locations/charleston-sc/ . I really hope it will be of use to you guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts