Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More safety information to come as it becomes available, for now this the best it gets. Subscribe for updates!

Safety Features:
A solid H-shaped ring structure joins the roof and B-pillars to underbody and combines with high-tensile steel on key frame members and a part of the floor to form a robust structure.

Front side airbags and curtain airbags help protect front and rear seat occupants. But the biggest safety news in this $16,000-ish Scion iA is a standard Low-speed Pre-collision system that uses a laser sensor to help the driver avoid collisions and to help minimize damage in the event of an accident. A rear view back-up camera is also standard.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've tried to find 2015 Mazda 2 crash testing videos, but it seems its either not been tested yet or I'm bad at internetting...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried to find 2015 Mazda 2 crash testing videos, but it seems its either not been tested yet or I'm bad at internetting...
Couldn't find them as well and I wasn't going to spend 30 minutes looking for it just to include it here along with other safety related information.

Only a matter of time till we see a wealth more of information on this topic :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
So does the pre crash warning system actually brake the car or just warn the driver that they are going to hit something?

·
Registered
422 Posts
So according to that, the system will actually brake the car for you if you are about to drive yourself into something.

·
Registered
370 Posts
But only reducing the severity. Chances are it won't completely avoid an accident but at worst reduce the impact it could have had, which alone is quite valuable.

·
Registered
422 Posts
But only reducing the severity. Chances are it won't completely avoid an accident but at worst reduce the impact it could have had, which alone is quite valuable.
I mean you can't expect the vehicle to actually stop you from hitting something completely. I'd say reducing speed to avoid or mitigate a collision is A-OK.

That system will be coming on the Scion iA as well right? It's not just limited to the Mazda2?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I mean you can't expect the vehicle to actually stop you from hitting something completely. I'd say reducing speed to avoid or mitigate a collision is A-OK.

That system will be coming on the Scion iA as well right? It's not just limited to the Mazda2?
I do not see anything like that for the iA or any Scion products, but it would be a great feature to include, possibly giving them more power over the competition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts