Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Scion iA in Graphite (automatic) a week ago and love it!

My first car was a VW Passat that my parents bought used when I started college. It gave me a ton of problems throughout the 4 years of owning it and officially broke down on me on the first week of 2016. Having just graduated a month ago, I'm still on the job hunt and just started studying for the boards, but thankfully my parents were willing to help me buy a car. After a few visits to various dealerships, we found the iA! I'm so glad we didn't settle for the Nissan Versa that didn't have power windows or power door locks, but had Bluetooth (ironically).

I'm not planning on any major upgrades to my car. I will likely get my windows tinted in the future and that's about it! I wanted to get those bright white/blue lights like on my parents' BMW, but apparently they're not legal here in California unless they were installed by the factory. Anyone know of a workaround?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Congrats on the iA, nice move from the VW. At least the iA shouldn't give you problems like the VW did, one reason why I stay away from German cars, even American cars too.

How dark are you planning to go with tints?

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on the iA, nice move from the VW. At least the iA shouldn't give you problems like the VW did, one reason why I stay away from German cars, even American cars too.

How dark are you planning to go with tints?
Yeah, I'm relieved that I have peace of mind with this new car! My next car will be a German car, but for now I'm really happy with the iA. :D Plus it'll allow me to save money as I get started on my career, until I'm ready to make a bigger purchase.

I am planning to go 25% or darker on the back windows. I don't think I'll be getting a front window tint.

I also forgot to mention I will be getting the armrest installed this week! When I was test driving the iA, I accidentally bumped into the sales rep because I'm so used to resting my elbow while I drive. #awkward

Welcome and congrats! :)
Thanks Richard!

I'm not a big fan of exhausts, but thank you for your recommendation!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts