Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes! And the vehicle is Awesome! Any specific questions and we can answer (-; I have nothing at all to say negative. The vehicle is very high on the value, safety, and Fuel economy scale.... Welcome!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:O

Yes! And the vehicle is Awesome! Any specific questions and we can answer (-; I have nothing at all to say negative. The vehicle is very high on the value, safety, and Fuel economy scale.... Welcome!
Thanks @tmig!

Whoa, glad to hear it's awesome!

How long have you had it for?

·
Registered
98 Posts
So Scion,

I have had mine near 2 months now.... I have researched nearly (10) possible cars in the mini group over 3 months, I have also had a opportunity to be in attendance at the NAIAS this past Jan with my employer without a salesman at my side and it also helped. IMHO made the right decision... However, You do the same as I and make yours based on what you feel.

It may be mini by weight/Size but does not feel ridiculously small. Yes it is narrow, but not short by any means, has low HP, but at ~2400 lbs plenty of power despite negative reviews I promise! It seems we live in a Hurried world and this is the benchmark some reviewers go by.... Some actually say one has to keep the pedal to the floor to merge into the interstate, this is not true... I have not even put the pedal on floor yet as I have not needed too. Its a sweet ride, just posted calculated gas mileage at 43.01 mpg. All the way around I do not think you can beat this vehicle for Price, Value, Fuel Economy flat out the best in the Class, but then I am bias as I own one..... Decisions,Decisions???

I am not a youngster either to which this vehicle is marketed too. I am twice that age, but very aware of the real value of a vehicle one can purchase sub 16K. Study it and compare, it is all about preference and it seems we are all different today and expect a single vehicle to fit us to the Tee, that is not possible.....

Good Luck to You! and I hope you make the decision that is right for you! Tmig

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:)

So Scion,

I have had mine near 2 months now.... I have researched nearly (10) possible cars in the mini group over 3 months, I have also had a opportunity to be in attendance at the NAIAS this past Jan with my employer without a salesman at my side and it also helped. IMHO made the right decision... However, You do the same as I and make yours based on what you feel.

It may be mini by weight/Size but does not feel ridiculously small. Yes it is narrow, but not short by any means, has low HP, but at ~2400 lbs plenty of power despite negative reviews I promise! It seems we live in a Hurried world and this is the benchmark some reviewers go by.... Some actually say one has to keep the pedal to the floor to merge into the interstate, this is not true... I have not even put the pedal on floor yet as I have not needed too. Its a sweet ride, just posted calculated gas mileage at 43.01 mpg. All the way around I do not think you can beat this vehicle for Price, Value, Fuel Economy flat out the best in the Class, but then I am bias as I own one..... Decisions,Decisions???

I am not a youngster either to which this vehicle is marketed too. I am twice that age, but very aware of the real value of a vehicle one can purchase sub 16K. Study it and compare, it is all about preference and it seems we are all different today and expect a single vehicle to fit us to the Tee, that is not possible.....

Good Luck to You! and I hope you make the decision that is right for you! Tmig
Wow thank you @tmig for the very insightful info!

I'm glad that you enjoy yours right now. I definitely want the best for the dollar!

After hearing your feedback, I feel like I want to get the Scion now. I've been looking at other ones too but it's way too pricey, just for the branding itself.

I like the size of the car though :) As I'm a city driver and parking would be a bit more easier with a smaller compact car! :D

How's the leg space for both driver and passengers (front and rear), as I've seen some rear space are so jammed, it's so uncomfortable for the passengers...

·
Registered
422 Posts
it really has received many accolades in terms of quality and what you get for your money. There are other nice vehicles out there, but for the price, the iA is really hard to argue against.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it really has received many accolades in terms of quality and what you get for your money. There are other nice vehicles out there, but for the price, the iA is really hard to argue against.
Yeah, it seems to be more affordable compared to the other ones out there.

Are you going to get an IA too?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Indeed. The only other better move I can see someone making is buying something used, like a 9th generation civic, which just suffered a bit more due to the new Civic being out, and those 9th gen's aren't that bad compared to the iA. Then there's the Mazda3, been out for a year or more now, also many on the used market.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Indeed. The only other better move I can see someone making is buying something used, like a 9th generation civic, which just suffered a bit more due to the new Civic being out, and those 9th gen's aren't that bad compared to the iA. Then there's the Mazda3, been out for a year or more now, also many on the used market.
how come there's many used mazda3 on the market? I mean I came across alot of good reviews on it. Unless they're swapping cars or upgrading.

I haven't heard of a negative aspect on it YET.

Yeah.. sucks for the 9th gen. But with the touring and coupe, they'll probably make up for it, since it's quite the hot news right now.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yeah, it seems to be more affordable compared to the other ones out there.

Are you going to get an IA too?
I am strongly considering it. I think that perhaps the iA is quite a bit cheaper because of the one trim level, no haggle pricing model.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Wow, Lando, you've got 420 posts. I thought for sure you were already a Scion iA owner!
You'd be surprised, even when a car is out in full there still happens to be people that don't own them. Some people take a while to decide, which can be a good thing, even a bad thing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You'd be surprised, even when a car is out in full there still happens to be people that don't own them. Some people take a while to decide, which can be a good thing, even a bad thing.

I'm starting to think harder about buying. A dealer 388 miles west of me is selling a Stealth 6-speed Scion iA for only $14,395. Brand new, of course. Can't beat that deal, eh?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow that is a deal, is that out the door price?

Yeah I think i'm one of those people who are taking a bit longer lol. Waiting for more reviews from owners and any possible issues and what they've done to resolve it. Since I'm not in a rush and there seems to be a rush of different models coming out this year and the next. So just waiting it out a bit :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
The advantage to not waiting is that when it has the Toyota logo, it will have less for the same price. Check out the Toyota version currently being sold in Canada.

·
Registered
44 Posts

I'm starting to think harder about buying. A dealer 388 miles west of me is selling a Stealth 6-speed Scion iA for only $14,395. Brand new, of course. Can't beat that deal, eh?
Read the fine print on their website. There was a dealer 1 hour away from me who was listing it at $14,185, but they were not listing the freight fee ($795). It was still a good price, and I would have traveled to get it, but my local dealership gave me a discount because I showed them that deal.

That might be a little bit harder to swing since that dealership is nearly 400 miles away, but it's worth checking. Be upfront with the Scion/Toyota dealership. Tell them that you'd buy from them today if they gave you a similar price. That's the #1 thing I learned from r/askcarsales ... just be upfront.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The advantage to not waiting is that when it has the Toyota logo, it will have less for the same price. Check out the Toyota version currently being sold in Canada.
I'm bad at multi quoting -- but this as well. I'm pretty sure I read that there will be two trim levels. I was worried about resale value as Scion vs. Toyota, but I don't plan to resell anytime soon. Get it while you can get all features.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts