Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering this is an estimated $16,000 MSRP sub-compact, the following technology features, "entry-level" doesn't get better than this:

• Steering Wheel Controls for Audio and Standard Bluetooth
  • Standard 7-Inch Touch Screen Display Audio System connected to 6 Speakers, Remote Interface and Rear-View Camera
  • Standard Pandora®, Aha™ and Stitcher™
  • Standard USB ports (2) and an Auxiliary Input
  • Voice Recognition Controlled Multi-Media System Features
  • Available Navigation System

·
Registered
370 Posts
meanwhile drum brake setups are more complex, not nearly as simplified as disc brake setups.

at the same time they do last a while

·
Registered
422 Posts
The precollision system is the thing that I am most impressed with as far as it being included in the iA standard.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wiah it was on all the time, but i guess 2-18mph is better than nothing, hahaha

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think it's mostly meant for traffic jams where everyone is slowly inching forward and maybe a bit distracted. Other more expensive cars have one that works at higher speeds but I guess they cost more to install.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Slightly off topic, but has anyone had their auto breaking actually kick in? I've been awfully close to the car in front of me and nothing. Notta.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Slightly off topic, but has anyone had their auto breaking actually kick in? I've been awfully close to the car in front of me and nothing. Notta.
I've yet to be in that situation, but it says it works from 30 feet away I guess

·
Registered
370 Posts
It's probably a good idea to test it out in a parking lot, or just somewhere quiet with a soft object the system will detect. Just so you know what to expect.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Who will move first, you or her lol

·
Registered
211 Posts
Lol, those guys are always used as an example on what not to do while testing. Funny thing is that they have a giant cushy mat in the back that they could have tested on instead of a human.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am glad that i'm not alone in testing this feature. It's like a game of chicken and I'm the chicken every time (3 to be exact). Can you imagine someone rear ending you and then making the excuse that there car did automatically brake like it was designed. yeah, I've made the decision not to be that guy. but please post your results ASAP if yours works. I am worried about this coming winter and driving in near white out conditions, will this car be applying it's brakes?.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I tried mine today...no go lol I chickened out

·
Registered
370 Posts
I am glad that i'm not alone in testing this feature. It's like a game of chicken and I'm the chicken every time (3 to be exact). Can you imagine someone rear ending you and then making the excuse that there car did automatically brake like it was designed. yeah, I've made the decision not to be that guy. but please post your results ASAP if yours works. I am worried about this coming winter and driving in near white out conditions, will this car be applying it's brakes?.
It's easy, all you have to do is ask a friend to stand in front of the vehicle >:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wasn't planning to test it but it stopped me cold when I rolled very close to a barrier gate before it started lifting up. Couldn't move the car for a few seconds then back to normal.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts