Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. My car was rear ended a few weeks ago and the trunk couldn't be closed. It was raining that week so water got into my trunk and a bit into the cabin so the mats smell like rain/mildew. Does anyone know how I can wash the mats? I plan on getting weather tech mats soon but right now, I'm trying to save up for the Samsung Galaxy S8 (woooo!).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys. My car was rear ended a few weeks ago and the trunk couldn't be closed. It was raining that week so water got into my trunk and a bit into the cabin so the mats smell like rain/mildew. Does anyone know how I can wash the mats? I plan on getting weather tech mats soon but right now, I'm trying to save up for the Samsung Galaxy S8 (woooo!).
Best bet is to get a Bissell extractor from Walmart. Bought mine for $90 or so and it lasted 3 years and made its money back in 2 weeks after I started to clean upholstery like couches and chairs. Used it when auto detailing the years I did that. You can get some cleaners that are for mildew but as it only was a few weeks ago, I think a regular carpet cleaner solution and the Bissell extractor ( I got the pet version) is best. Then after you extract it, run a fan over it for a few hours and call it a day. My $.02

1 - 2 of 2 Posts