Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to tear into the car and see what I could find.

1: headlight plug, and boot.

2: just pull the plug off, no clips or anything, then the rubber boot just pulls off.

3: little spring clip just comes off, move it out of the way and the blub come out, it is a E1 bulb.

R1: access panel for tail lights

R2: use your favorite soft, for plastic pry bar thing, and pop it off. A slight twist and the bulbs come off all tail lights are E4

R3: thats the bulb, it's an E4.

NOTE: rear lights have 2 amber, and 2 clear lights.

I hope this helps people! Ill add interior lights here someday soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Would be cool to see someone swap all the bulbs out for LED, while it can get expensive, it will be worth it for someone willing to hold onto their iA for a good amount of time. Plus this guide here helps in doing the swap over.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im swapping over to led in the next month, ill be updating with codes and what not lol

And, i was just curious, i tried to pull the headlight out, but what a huge pita that is...i gave up after 10 minuets and 4 bolts haha

·
Registered
401 Posts
Im swapping over to led in the next month, ill be updating with codes and what not lol

And, i was just curious, i tried to pull the headlight out, but what a huge pita that is...i gave up after 10 minuets and 4 bolts haha
What parts of it did you struggle on?

From experience I know that at least getting all the screws and nuts out... it should pull right out and judging from how the headlight assembly looks... look like there's nothing special needed to be done to pull it right out.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got all the visable acrews and oushpins out, but it feels like there is a bolt under the light too, its weird

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Headlights are ordered, $60 for 2 CREE led H4 bulbs, let's see how these look

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ill try it again, something tells me the bumper might have to come off lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got my LED headlights today!!! Theyre amazing i love them!!! Instant on, instant high beam, no delays at all.

Heres some pictures.

I did turn the drive headlight down a few turns, just so i didn't blind everyone coming at me, so far no one has flashed their hi beams at me

Factory light

Led light

Led left, factory right

Led bulb

Night time shot of the light they put out

·
Registered
206 Posts
Nice! I was wondering about LEDs. Cost? Purchase location?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice! I was wondering about LEDs. Cost? Purchase location?
CREE led h4 on ebay, I aimed the driver light downjust to be nice, no one flashed me before I adjusted it, I like the lights, took 5 minuets to install plug and play, can't beat $60 for the quality

·
Registered
330 Posts
CREE led h4 on ebay, I aimed the driver light downjust to be nice, no one flashed me before I adjusted it, I like the lights, took 5 minuets to install plug and play, can't beat $60 for the quality
Interesting did you find it the lights to be brighter? seems like that is the issue everyone is experiencing headlight being dim.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I got my LED headlights today!!! Theyre amazing i love them!!! Instant on, instant high beam, no delays at all.

Heres some pictures.

I did turn the drive headlight down a few turns, just so i didn't blind everyone coming at me, so far no one has flashed their hi beams at me

Factory light

Led light

Led left, factory right

Led bulb

Night time shot of the light they put out

What happen to the DRL? does it work? or

1 - 15 of 15 Posts