Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...but it wasn't my fault. On Memorial Day this year, I splurged and bought a new 2016 Scion IA. I’ve never owned a Japanese car and didn’t think I would ever buy one, but I got a good price on this, and payment that I can afford. I'm an old guy and this will likely be the last car I buy.

I work part time in a parking garage in downtown Salt lake City. I went to work on Wednesday this week for my 530 to 11pm shift. There's been a couple of really big conventions so we've been busy. I parked literally about 25 feet from my working booth but it was raining and I didn't pay much attention to the new car.

When I went out after my shift was done, I noticed what looked like something on the roof. Turns out, it was a big-ass dent in the rear half of car, and appeared like something had been dropped on it. After I got over my shock, I went to talk to the hotel security and he took some pictures. They of course have no responsibility.

http://imgur.com/a/yo2At

I took it to the body shop of the dealership where I bought it and they gave me an estimate of $2700.00 for repairs, which may increase once they take the top off and see if any of the support beams are bent. I have to pay the $500 deductible, of course. I talked to one of the desk managers today when I was there and she told me she think there are cameras on that side of the building, so I’m going to talk to the hotel general manager on Monday to see if they have any video. Not sure if that will help or not.

I'm still pissed. :mad:

I'm still pissed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
WTH? My first thought it somebody jumped out a window and landed on the roof of your car. I hope you can get the insurance to cover it. That really sucks.

·
Registered
330 Posts
...but it wasn't my fault. On Memorial Day this year, I splurged and bought a new 2016 Scion IA. I’ve never owned a Japanese car and didn’t think I would ever buy one, but I got a good price on this, and payment that I can afford. I'm an old guy and this will likely be the last car I buy.

I work part time in a parking garage in downtown Salt lake City. I went to work on Wednesday this week for my 530 to 11pm shift. There's been a couple of really big conventions so we've been busy. I parked literally about 25 feet from my working booth but it was raining and I didn't pay much attention to the new car.

When I went out after my shift was done, I noticed what looked like something on the roof. Turns out, it was a big-ass dent in the rear half of car, and appeared like something had been dropped on it. After I got over my shock, I went to talk to the hotel security and he took some pictures. They of course have no responsibility.

http://imgur.com/a/yo2At

I took it to the body shop of the dealership where I bought it and they gave me an estimate of $2700.00 for repairs, which may increase once they take the top off and see if any of the support beams are bent. I have to pay the $500 deductible, of course. I talked to one of the desk managers today when I was there and she told me she think there are cameras on that side of the building, so I’m going to talk to the hotel general manager on Monday to see if they have any video. Not sure if that will help or not.

I'm still pissed. :mad:

I'm still pissed.
With 2.7k mind as well make it a convertible or hardtop, yolo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Continuation: My IA is in the body shop and they thought it could be done by Wednesday this week. I got a call yesterday and the new roof they ordered is delayed. The body shop guy said the parts supplier (I don't know how this works) said it's the first roof they've a request since they got parts for it. So they expect new roof on Monday 10/10 and it shouldn't take long to fix. Gawd, I hate car repairs like this.

Here's a few pictures of the roof area, not sure what they are showing but it's much more complicated that I thought

http://imgur.com/a/JuUS3

·
Registered
401 Posts
That's very unfortunate. Did you happen to see any "prints" on the roof that might indicate what could have caused that? Like a shoe print, etc?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, it had been raining all night when I discovered it. There are some scratches, not too deep in the top of the door, like someone might have slid something off. Maybe a body? Didn't see any foot prints.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope, there was no prints or sign of any human contact. There were some scratches in the paint across the top of the door, but hard to say.
It was parked under some trees but there was no downed branches and the dent was bigger than that, I think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts