Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my mothers iA this morning and hit the truck in front of me, driving his hitch right through the front bumper... luckily, the only damage is the bumper cover is cracked and it's missing the tow hook cover, and the bottom drivers side chrome trim piece... anyone know where I can find these? I'd be willing to pay a little extra if it's already painted to match (the dark gray color) if anyone knows of a place...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was driving my mothers iA this morning and hit the truck in front of me, driving his hitch right through the front bumper... luckily, the only damage is the bumper cover is cracked and it's missing the tow hook cover, and the bottom drivers side chrome trim piece... anyone know where I can find these? I'd be willing to pay a little extra if it's already painted to match (the dark gray color) if anyone knows of a place...
toyotapartsdeal.com I've not used this site, just came across it by chance.

·
Registered
95 Posts
toyotapartsdeal.com I've not used this site, just came across it by chance.
I just checked that site because I need a rear bumper cover. The items have no description or pics whatsoever.Obviously I've never used this site before but I honestly think not having any information is concerning.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just had the front bumper cover replaced by a body shop. I hit a cat and it shattered it in front of the left tire. Cat ran away!

Body shop said part comes unpainted so they had to paint it (Two-stage)

Part # of bumper cover is 52119WB005

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just had the front bumper cover replaced by a body shop. I hit a cat and it shattered it in front of the left tire. Cat ran away!

Body shop said part comes unpainted so they had to paint it (Two-stage)

Part # of bumper cover is 52119WB005
How much did it cost you for the bumper and service from the shop? I have an uncomfortable amount of scratches on my front bumper. I also have some scratched/peeling paint on the back bumper as well as a dent and crack. Also found a scratch with a slight dent on my left rear passenger door. It's like people are out for my car. I can't even imagine how much it'd cost to get all those fixed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Total cost was $867. My cost $500 for deductible with comprehensive claim through insurance.
I used a really good body shop that I've used in the past. Not the cheapest. Might be able to find better price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you use your insurance and pay the $500 deductible, or whatever amount, they should have a list of "recommended" body shops in your area (depending on the area I guess). If you use one of their choices, they guarantee the repairs for as long as you own the car.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Total cost was $867. My cost $500 for deductible with comprehensive claim through insurance.
I used a really good body shop that I've used in the past. Not the cheapest. Might be able to find better price.
Sounds good. Did you get your bumper from toyotapartsdeal.com r did you just leave it up to the body shop?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts