Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone care to share there experience with the two? I'm considering the manual but sometimes (i live in LA) traffic is **** but other times that joy or rowing it yourself is amazing...

thanks everyone! appreciated the quick comments/feedback

·
Registered
44 Posts
Anyone care to share there experience with the two? I'm considering the manual but sometimes (i live in LA) traffic is **** but other times that joy or rowing it yourself is amazing...

thanks everyone! appreciated the quick comments/feedback
I'm a first time manual driver (been driving manual for about a year), I test drove both and preferred the manual. It's pretty easy to drive. And specifically to your reference about living in LA, there was a post on Reddit about that specifically:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/4ab237/test_drove_the_scion_ia_today_i_was_blown_away/

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a first time manual driver (been driving manual for about a year), I test drove both and preferred the manual. It's pretty easy to drive. And specifically to your reference about living in LA, there was a post on Reddit about that specifically:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/4ab237/test_drove_the_scion_ia_today_i_was_blown_away/
Omg :( looks so good. I going to test drive one this weekend. You think they'll have another deal like this toward the end of summer? 500$ cashback and 0% apr?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Omg :( looks so good. I going to test drive one this weekend. You think they'll have another deal like this toward the end of summer? 500$ cashback and 0% apr?
That's been pretty standard. I waited through the last deal cycle, and it remained the same as you can see now ($500 and 0% APR)...that hasn't changed. I doubt it will.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's been pretty standard. I waited through the last deal cycle, and it remained the same as you can see now ($500 and 0% APR)...that hasn't changed. I doubt it will.
You don't think they'll do $1000 during the summer to try to clear out the inventory right?

·
Registered
44 Posts
You don't think they'll do $1000 during the summer to try to clear out the inventory right?
They definitely could! I didn't want to wait for that. And honestly, you could potentially just ask for $500 extra off if you want to go for it now. Can't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They definitely could! I didn't want to wait for that. And honestly, you could potentially just ask for $500 extra off if you want to go for it now. Can't hurt to ask.
Price offer at a local scion dealer, not sure how much more damage I can cause :[

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Price offer at a local scion dealer, not sure how much more damage I can cause :[
Read the fine print, make sure they're including the freight fee in that price total.

But yeah, if they're already discounting $1000, it's gonna be hard to get it for better. I dunno what your taxes and dealership fees will be, but I got mine for $15.9K OTD (with grad school rebate, finance rebate, and them taking off $800).

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Read the fine print, make sure they're including the freight fee in that price total.

But yeah, if they're already discounting $1000, it's gonna be hard to get it for better. I dunno what your taxes and dealership fees will be, but I got mine for $15.9K OTD (with grad school rebate, finance rebate, and them taking off $800).
I'll use that for reference, did get it stick or the auto =)

·
Registered
401 Posts

If someone who served in the military got that discount and a credit for their service, chances are they can get an iA out the door for just under the $15k mark. That would be a killer price.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Guys, I am an old guy with no Special discounts, I brought in a (TrueCar Price Quote) for 16.5 for the manual, they came back and gave me the Automatic for 15.7 all inclusive in February this year... No discount that I was aware of, go figure

·
Registered
44 Posts
Guys, I am an old guy with no Special discounts, I brought in a (TrueCar Price Quote) for 16.5 for the manual, they came back and gave me the Automatic for 15.7 all inclusive in February this year... No discount that I was aware of, go figure
That's a fantastic deal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been driving manuals in cars and trucks for some time now. Just traded in my 2005 Dodge 2500 Cummins diesel 6spd. manual for an iA 6spd. manual today!
Of course the two can't be compared but like all manuals, they keep the driver in tuned more with the engine performance via the manual transmission. If you are a "driver", like in zoom-zoom, the manual will satisfy those moments unlike an automatic.
Sure this auto is sweet and responsive and delivers unlike the competitors CVT's. LOL. But this manual is pure Mazda, mated to a Mazda engine and chassis. Toyota and Scion can only dream of having a manual like this that delivers this type of driver connection to engine parameters.
From what I've been reading on these posts about this car, I'm very much looking forward to my drive to and from work! Zoom On!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been driving manuals in cars and trucks for some time now. Just traded in my 2005 Dodge 2500 Cummins diesel 6spd. manual for an iA 6spd. manual today!
Of course the two can't be compared but like all manuals, they keep the driver in tuned more with the engine performance via the manual transmission. If you are a "driver", like in zoom-zoom, the manual will satisfy those moments unlike an automatic.
Sure this auto is sweet and responsive and delivers unlike the competitors CVT's. LOL. But this manual is pure Mazda, mated to a Mazda engine and chassis. Toyota and Scion can only dream of having a manual like this that delivers this type of driver connection to engine parameters.
From what I've been reading on these posts about this car, I'm very much looking forward to my drive to and from work! Zoom On!
I can't... LA traffic will kill my clutch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Either one is good

I test drove both and liked each for different reasons. I ended up with the automatic only because it was $900 cheaper than the manual. There was one car that had been on the lot for the longest time so they offered it to me for $14.5k before TTL. After I added the arm rest and navigation OTD was $16.1k. That was $2k lower than the used Mazda3 I had my eye on.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I test drove both and liked each for different reasons. I ended up with the automatic only because it was $900 cheaper than the manual. There was one car that had been on the lot for the longest time so they offered it to me for $14.5k before TTL. After I added the arm rest and navigation OTD was $16.1k. That was $2k lower than the used Mazda3 I had my eye on.
Really the Manual was cheaper? they just to low ball the manual to me at 13k... I took the auto instead at 14.5k, How much they charge you for the arm rest? Did they give you a discount?

Congrats on your purchase put up photos soon.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

Forgot to reply to this but I got a similar deal 14.5k + tax and fees. ~ 15.8 OTD, I felt like I had more bargaining room but I didn't push it. there was only 4 stock left at my dealer.

Looks like they continue the 500$ off + 60% APR through the end of May 31, one the dealer far away has nearly 81 iA in stock lol http://www.longotoyota.com/new-inventory/?gvModel=iA&&&&make=Scion&

·
Registered
3 Posts
Really the Manual was cheaper? they just to low ball the manual to me at 13k... I took the auto instead at 14.5k, How much they charge you for the arm rest? Did they give you a discount?

Congrats on your purchase put up photos soon.
Thanks. I'm loving the car. Yeah, the auto was cheaper than the manual. I couldn't believe it. They gave me 10% off the the arm rest and navigation card so all in a little over $500 for both.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts