Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm new to the forum but I bought my iA back in June. Getting close to the holidays with Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up, I was looking to pick up an amp and sub for the trunk. Was wondering if anyone has put one in yet and the difficulty of doing so, as well as if anyone has any suggestions for a brand.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'd spend some money on insulation first dynamat etc as well but any of the major brands rockford,boston,kicker, jl,Pioneer champion series are really nice surprisingly I'd recommend that for sure and not too exspensive. Sonic electronix has good package deals. but id look into uprgrading the door speakers with a reference line if you don't want to amp those.

·
Registered
401 Posts
On that note about sound proofing, I have seen people go that route and also just replace the door speakers with higher output versions and be very happy with that alone (with other cars, not the iA), so depending on how much bass you're looking for you might/might not need to get subwoofers.

What sort of bass are you looking for?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Drop a set of Focal speakers in the interior and get a JL audio 13w7 for the trunk ;)

Dynamatting will definitely help dramatically though. That stuff is heavy goodness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts