Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Great choice, only downside is they don't give out much heat if any, so anyone that lives somewhere that gets the typical winter weather wont have the aid of heat from a halogen bulb to melt what ever snow/ice is on the headlight lens.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, there is that downside, but living in south west florida I dont have a snowy/icey issue, for up north id run led in summer, and halogen in winter for that reason

·
Registered
422 Posts
I never really thought about how the headlights heat was helpful in cold climates. I suppose I would just scrape the ice or snow off of the headlights before I head out if it looked like it were blocked. I would not want to have to change my headlights from season to season. I just don't care enough to go through that trouble.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm lucky enough to live in a climate thats between 40° lows and 100° highs haha

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They should run just like the drls do, I have mine shut off though

·
Registered
370 Posts
I never really thought about how the headlights heat was helpful in cold climates. I suppose I would just scrape the ice or snow off of the headlights before I head out if it looked like it were blocked. I would not want to have to change my headlights from season to season. I just don't care enough to go through that trouble.
Ultimately that's what should be done no matter what.

What should help is engine heat since it's right there, a foot away from the headlight assembly. Keeping the headlight clean and even applying a wax-like finish will go a long way in those winter months.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Assuming the mazda 2, and scion iA share the same head light bulbs, I found these LEDs from cree, I am going to buy these when my blade 400 3D rc helicopter sells haha
How's the throw on these lgihts?

·
Registered
330 Posts
It doesn't FYI, xenon depot recommends turning them off completely

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.