Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at purchasing an iA pretty soon and got some good responses in my other thread earlier about people's OTD pricing on their new iA's. I'm obviously going to try my luck on getting a good deal down here in FL at the end of the month but wanted to know some people's thoughts for the upcoming months.

Do you think that the incentives and rebates that scion is offering will get any better than what they are now? Wondering simply because Scion is going to be no more and merge in with Toyota fully after this year so do you figure they will begin making the incentives even better to urge the final sales of the remaining scion branded iA before Toyota makes it their new Yaris sedan? I know once the merge is complete and scion no longer exists the Yaris sedan will only go up in price because it now carries a toyota badge and I know they will most likely add different accessories and trim levels which scion never did.

I know for the month of May they had 0% APR and $500 cash back

June went along with 0% APR and upped it to $750 Cash back?

Think its worth a gamble and they will continue 0% APR and maybe bump it up to $1000 cash back?

Obviously if I can get a solid deal say 15k OTD (all fees and tax included) for an automatic I probably will jump on it but part of me feels the longer I wait, the more likely dealers will go even lower simply because all their new inventory is taken out on credit so they want these vehicles to move especially since its Scion branded and everything will be transferred to Toyota badging and marketing.

Thoughts on this? Assuming no dealers here in Jacksonville want to budge from their already kind of high pricing (almost 18k here most dealers stickers hovering around 19k) would it be in my best interest to wait for better incentives or these dealers to realize they are trying to overcharge? Also cannot see myself buying preowned since dealers here want close to 16k for an iA with 10k+ miles like really? I would understand 12-13k but 16k for a used iA is ridiculous

·
Registered
330 Posts
Looking at purchasing an iA pretty soon and got some good responses in my other thread earlier about people's OTD pricing on their new iA's. I'm obviously going to try my luck on getting a good deal down here in FL at the end of the month but wanted to know some people's thoughts for the upcoming months.

Do you think that the incentives and rebates that scion is offering will get any better than what they are now? Wondering simply because Scion is going to be no more and merge in with Toyota fully after this year so do you figure they will begin making the incentives even better to urge the final sales of the remaining scion branded iA before Toyota makes it their new Yaris sedan? I know once the merge is complete and scion no longer exists the Yaris sedan will only go up in price because it now carries a toyota badge and I know they will most likely add different accessories and trim levels which scion never did.

I know for the month of May they had 0% APR and $500 cash back

June went along with 0% APR and upped it to $750 Cash back?

Think its worth a gamble and they will continue 0% APR and maybe bump it up to $1000 cash back?

Obviously if I can get a solid deal say 15k OTD (all fees and tax included) for an automatic I probably will jump on it but part of me feels the longer I wait, the more likely dealers will go even lower simply because all their new inventory is taken out on credit so they want these vehicles to move especially since its Scion branded and everything will be transferred to Toyota badging and marketing.

Thoughts on this? Assuming no dealers here in Jacksonville want to budge from their already kind of high pricing (almost 18k here most dealers stickers hovering around 19k) would it be in my best interest to wait for better incentives or these dealers to realize they are trying to overcharge? Also cannot see myself buying preowned since dealers here want close to 16k for an iA with 10k+ miles like really? I would understand 12-13k but 16k for a used iA is ridiculous
stop being a cheap ass and buy before you can't

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol I know I am cheap its just that asking for 19k prior to taxes for an iA is a bit ludicrous for that I would shell the extra 2 or 3 grand for a Mazda 3 touring. I'm all about getting a good deal it just seems like the stealerships are overcharging by a crazy margin when in reality the iA is a vehicle with a single trim and only options being manual or auto transmission, and if you opt for it, a navigation SD card. No reason why the prices should be drastically different from online MRSP and the dealers here asking 19k. Supply and demand I get, but these dealers are making it seem like we are buying a limited edition alfa romeo.

Prior to buying any vehicle I always want to research and get all the facts straight and what prices they currently are selling for so the dealers know I'm informed and when they try to spew their garbage excuses why they can't go lower than their 18k+ asking price I can just tell them kick rocks. Don't get me wrong I know the iA will be a solid car but if waiting a little will save me thousands you know it's something I will do. I know the stock for scion iA's will be limited the longer I wait, but if I wait longer and iA's are still in stock the only thing that will happen is the dealers will be forced to lower their prices just because any new vehicle sitting is costing them. Maybe its just Jacksonville but I cannot imagine iA's selling out like hot cakes at 19k asking price since they add "paint protection" for that price you're pushing into Honda civic territory

·
Registered
330 Posts
Lol I know I am cheap its just that asking for 19k prior to taxes for an iA is a bit ludicrous for that I would shell the extra 2 or 3 grand for a Mazda 3 touring. I'm all about getting a good deal it just seems like the stealerships are overcharging by a crazy margin when in reality the iA is a vehicle with a single trim and only options being manual or auto transmission, and if you opt for it, a navigation SD card. No reason why the prices should be drastically different from online MRSP and the dealers here asking 19k. Supply and demand I get, but these dealers are making it seem like we are buying a limited edition alfa romeo.

Prior to buying any vehicle I always want to research and get all the facts straight and what prices they currently are selling for so the dealers know I'm informed and when they try to spew their garbage excuses why they can't go lower than their 18k+ asking price I can just tell them kick rocks. Don't get me wrong I know the iA will be a solid car but if waiting a little will save me thousands you know it's something I will do. I know the stock for scion iA's will be limited the longer I wait, but if I wait longer and iA's are still in stock the only thing that will happen is the dealers will be forced to lower their prices just because any new vehicle sitting is costing them. Maybe its just Jacksonville but I cannot imagine iA's selling out like hot cakes at 19k asking price since they add "paint protection" for that price you're pushing into Honda civic territory
Where are you, you have some crazy dealers. If i had to pay that much I be out too but here are some prices around SoCal area. That's prior to rebate. you're looking at 14,500 + tax/fee and whatever else you can talk down. They only have 4 in stock left before they had over 10 so they're going pretty quickly here.

Did you try contacting dealers further out of your area?

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Don't expect to get for nothing! Dealers have plenty on time to sit on the last ones available.

Hello, with minimum research anyone can see that the same car will cost significantly more when the transition occurs between June-Aug, But why would dealers give them away with only a few on the lot? the car is not going away... On the other hand, and dealer trying to capitalize on this fact is not honorable, and not to be trusted, if you think they are worth anywhere near 19K, you are mistaken, buy one if you want the dealer to be happy....

In the next few months expect to purchase both an Auto and manual between 16.7K and 15.8 respectively today, it is fair value for the vehicle. This the true cost out the door in which many of the posts on this forum that claim less do not address.... Not saying you cannot do better,you can, and I did purchase less than this.... but it will not be (1K's of $ ) at the same time , at the same time if you think you can purchase an automatic for 14K, Please show me your invoice out the door, your mistaken as well.

Show me your reciept for the auto you bought New for anywhere near 15K, NOT

·
Registered
330 Posts
Don't expect to get for nothing! Dealers have plenty on time to sit on the last ones available.

Hello, with minimum research anyone can see that the same car will cost significantly more when the transition occurs between June-Aug, But why would dealers give them away with only a few on the lot? the car is not going away... On the other hand, and dealer trying to capitalize on this fact is not honorable, and not to be trusted, if you think they are worth anywhere near 19K, you are mistaken, buy one if you want the dealer to be happy....

In the next few months expect to purchase both an Auto and manual between 16.7K and 15.8 respectively today, it is fair value for the vehicle. This the true cost out the door in which many of the posts on this forum that claim less do not address.... Not saying you cannot do better,you can, and I did purchase less than this.... but it will not be (1K's of $ ) at the same time , at the same time if you think you can purchase an automatic for 14K, Please show me your invoice out the door, your mistaken as well.

Show me your reciept for the auto you bought New for anywhere near 15K, NOT
-_- It's pretty easy to get my price mine was a automatic 14,593.45 before tax/fees. You should understand that people get great deals on car some probably 1-2k less than mine for the iA. It really depends on the dealer willingness to haggle. 0:)

Manual $14,210 - $750 rebate you'll get $13,500 .
Auto $15,255 - 750 rebate you'll get 14,500.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome thanks for the sales receipt of your total purchase Jin. I have actually used other peoples' sale receipts from previous vehicle purchases to help talk down dealers. Obviously different states will have different prices but if I can manage 16k OTD for an iA auto or lower we will definitely jump on the iA.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Awesome thanks for the sales receipt of your total purchase Jin. I have actually used other peoples' sale receipts from previous vehicle purchases to help talk down dealers. Obviously different states will have different prices but if I can manage 16k OTD for an iA auto or lower we will definitely jump on the iA.
That's good look at truecars cause the price purchase of our car has dropped A LOT.

One's auto the other is Manual.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts