Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
When it happens only when it is cold and you have the Mazda navigation system, the problem is the connectors on the SD Card. A simple cleaning of the connectors of the SD Card clears up the issue.

It may be worth trying even if it does not only happen in the cold but every time I have heard about the SD card issue it was when it is below freezing.

Edited with the following:

Another easy thing to try, if you have the SD Card Navigation system, remove the SD Card (with the engine off) and see if the problem still happens.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That is why I love Mazda. They have fewer problems (in my opinion) and the problems seem to be easier to fix. If this problem happened on my MINI, I would expect the cost to be over $1,000.

Google "Cleaning SD Card contacts". I have not done it myself yet. Our iA has the problem on occasion and I keep hoping my daughter, who drives the car, will take the initiative to fix it herself.

If that does not work, you can buy a new SD card on Amazon for $32.39.

I bet it was great driving home today without the system going crazy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.