Scion IA Forum banner

Infotainment display problem

9K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Mazda iA fan 
#1 ·
Hi, I need help...
I have a scion ia 2016 and when I start the car the infotainment screen stays in an infinite loop that does not start just lets me increase and decrease volume and see the recoil camera but does not start ...
Someone already happened and if they can help me request it?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I haven't had this happen to me but I have messed with the AIO Tweaks and have had issues with it showing a static screen like an old TV and maybe not loading the navigation. The only way to get around this in my case is to shut off the car. Not sure of a fix to that but I figured I could share my experience. Maybe you can use AIO Tweaks to get it to respond at least? Maybe a hard reset by removing the battery?

#3 ·
I have the se problem! I've been dealing with Toyota non stop for almost three years. They have no clue what it really it but they think and now I'm starting to, it's due to the the bluetooth with the newer phone. Shitty thing is that pixel 1 and iphone 8 were the last tested phones for the scion iA. So anything with bluetooth 4.2 and newer might be the reason for this..
When I get a text message, the incorrect contact name pops up. Let me know if there's more going on. I have $2k left on my car. After that, I'm hacking it to android auto.

#6 · (Edited)
When it happens only when it is cold and you have the Mazda navigation system, the problem is the connectors on the SD Card. A simple cleaning of the connectors of the SD Card clears up the issue.

It may be worth trying even if it does not only happen in the cold but every time I have heard about the SD card issue it was when it is below freezing.

Edited with the following:

Another easy thing to try, if you have the SD Card Navigation system, remove the SD Card (with the engine off) and see if the problem still happens.

#7 ·
So..... it's the SD card. Did exactly what you said and there's no boot loop. Parked, turned off the car (went to the post office) and then came back, put the SD in, boot loops twice, take SD card out while driving, stops the boot loop. I wonder if I can get a replacement.

#8 ·
That is why I love Mazda. They have fewer problems (in my opinion) and the problems seem to be easier to fix. If this problem happened on my MINI, I would expect the cost to be over $1,000.

Google "Cleaning SD Card contacts". I have not done it myself yet. Our iA has the problem on occasion and I keep hoping my daughter, who drives the car, will take the initiative to fix it herself.

If that does not work, you can buy a new SD card on Amazon for $32.39.

I bet it was great driving home today without the system going crazy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.