Scion IA Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
It has a tranny filter? I have the same mileage and all i did was a drain & fill. Are you saying i gotta change the filter too or is the filter just a screen that the mechanic washes off?
Took my ia to Mazda specific repair shop and asked for transmission service. I asked if they recommend me replace the transmission filter and after draining transmission fluid, they said fluid looks fairly clean. No need to service transmission filter...

Work done.

Drain and replace automatic transmission fluid. 3 quarts used.

Side note: instead of Mazda specific fz automatic transmission fluid. They used Liquid moly top tech 1800. Which I am a bit disappointed in since.

I did and continue to not notice any issues so far. Feels the same to be honest. But to be safe. I plan on servicing next drain and fill myself using atf fz or ravenol fz

·
Registered
22 Posts
Lots of brand loyal Toyota fans look down on iA/2016-2020 Yaris, but they were expecting the Euro made new design Yaris in 2020. Which to me looks like a VW Beetle. I like the "Mazda 2" Yaris very much and glad to hear people have good luck with them.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts