Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the 6 speed, is it possible to disable the rev hang between gears? Like when you push in the clutch and it holds the engine rpm up for smoother shifting, it doesn't work and it makes for hard shifts and an uncomfortable ride at times. With how infrequently it works well, I'd rather just disable it if possible.

·
Registered
235 Posts
That's a tough one.. sounds like something that would have to be taken off through tuning the ecu. Someone correct me if I'm wrong ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think they'd be able to do it at the dealer? If not, anyone know of any good tuning shops in FL or possibly southern GA? I went to one in Tampa with my Camaro and they screwed it up, I ended up needing a new computer bc the car wouldn't run after they tuned the one it had, and they said they couldn't fix it. I ended up driving to NJ and having my grandfathers stepson tune it for me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Toyota dealership said they most likely could disable it, but they're legally not allowed to. Toyota/scion/Lexus/Mazda certified mechanic said he could do it but it'd most likely kill the gauge cluster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts