Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
great car... cold out and temp light is on for a while (cold temP) blue thermometer. other than that good car. whats up with that? Normal>?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Don't think that's normal, with a high mileage vehicle that would indicate a faulty sensor but on a vehicle as new as your iA is... i don't know.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats! What color? Manual or auto?

Small cars can take a while to heat up. It takes this little 1.5L aluminum engine a few minutes to warm up even here in Georgia. I imagine if your cold engine light (blue temp light) is on much more than 10 mins or so, then you should check with your dealer.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have a 2014 Mazda 3 and a 2016 Scion IA that both do the same thing. It will go away once the engine is nice and warm.
I'm sure you like the nimbleness of the iA, being lighter than the Mazda 3 and probably having a better power to weight ratio... making it more zippy.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have a 2014 Mazda 3 and a 2016 Scion IA that both do the same thing. It will go away once the engine is nice and warm.
So does this persist even after you've owned the car for a while, or is it something that happens more so with cars when they are fresh?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to dealer for a chat and talked to guys in shop. they said nothing to worry about. takes a bit to warm up. similar to temp being low on cold day. he said after 5 mins of driving it should shut off. two days in a row after 4 or five mins. it just shuts off. he said i can't hurt anything by driving it like that. its just how the sensors are.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome to scion ia forums!!! Wheres the pictures? Lol also wondering on color and transmission choices

·
Registered
401 Posts
I went to dealer for a chat and talked to guys in shop. they said nothing to worry about. takes a bit to warm up. similar to temp being low on cold day. he said after 5 mins of driving it should shut off. two days in a row after 4 or five mins. it just shuts off. he said i can't hurt anything by driving it like that. its just how the sensors are.
Good to know, that should save some owners on here a lot of running around and having to figure out things.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's normal on startup, indicates below normal operating temp, shuts off when it reaches operating temp. But if a red one lights up then it's a different story :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts