Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats! What color? Manual or auto?

Small cars can take a while to heat up. It takes this little 1.5L aluminum engine a few minutes to warm up even here in Georgia. I imagine if your cold engine light (blue temp light) is on much more than 10 mins or so, then you should check with your dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went to dealer for a chat and talked to guys in shop. they said nothing to worry about. takes a bit to warm up. similar to temp being low on cold day. he said after 5 mins of driving it should shut off. two days in a row after 4 or five mins. it just shuts off. he said i can't hurt anything by driving it like that. its just how the sensors are.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome to scion ia forums!!! Wheres the pictures? Lol also wondering on color and transmission choices

·
Registered
401 Posts
I went to dealer for a chat and talked to guys in shop. they said nothing to worry about. takes a bit to warm up. similar to temp being low on cold day. he said after 5 mins of driving it should shut off. two days in a row after 4 or five mins. it just shuts off. he said i can't hurt anything by driving it like that. its just how the sensors are.
Good to know, that should save some owners on here a lot of running around and having to figure out things.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.