Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my sapphire manual ia in October 2015 and have really enjoyed the features for the price. I ended up ordering the center console arm rest, definitely helps make even more comfortable. Fun to drive! The size is just right for small garages too.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Installation Arm rest

I bought my sapphire manual ia in October 2015 and have really enjoyed the features for the price. I ended up ordering the center console arm rest, definitely helps make even more comfortable. Fun to drive! The size is just right for small garages too.
Nice! Did you install the arm rest yourself? If so was it difficult?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The arm rest was actually what brought me to this forum, I was stuck without any instructions in the carton when I received the armrest. There were some stressful moments doing the tightening during the install - but in the end I'm really happy with the purchase. It has made driving much more comfortable.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
^ for me, it makes the interior feel smaller, so I'm glad. Actually didn't have one in either of my MINIs, my Mazda2, my Yaris, or now my iA.

·
Registered
370 Posts
^ for me, it makes the interior feel smaller, so I'm glad. Actually didn't have one in either of my MINIs, my Mazda2, my Yaris, or now my iA.
That does make sense, being a small car having as much space as you can to move around can make a bit difference. Also factoring in americans are a big bigger and it suddenly becomes a good idea.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Glad the forum helped you out with the installation.
I guess it depends on the person. Some would want the arm rest, some would want the space. In my case, I never used the arm rest in any of my cars so it didn't really matter to me either way.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Some people are just so used to having somewhere they can rest their arm that once it goes away it take some time to adjust to a different position. On the plus side this will get some people to keep both hands on the wheel.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would want the armrest in my Scion iA. The small Mitsubishi Mirage doesn't have an armrest installed at the factory, either. And in my 2011 Kia Soul I don't have one - I just rest my elbow down on the top of my CD's stored in the middle area there.

·
Registered
143 Posts
While I don't miss the armrest much, it would be nice to have an armrest/ console for additional storage. Having just the glove box is tough, though I can understand there's only so much space in a car this small.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Glad the forum helped you out with the installation.
I guess it depends on the person. Some would want the arm rest, some would want the space. In my case, I never used the arm rest in any of my cars so it didn't really matter to me either way.
I often use the armrest. Its annoying when its not there. Just add one of those swivel ones so it can go up or down. Crash prevention but no arm rest, cmon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the armrest for my new Frost iA and just had the dealer install it. It took 2 techs and 2.5 hours to install because "there were no instructions on how to install it." Service department said that they had to disassemble the center console up to the gear shift in order to install the supporting metal framework.
Now that it's in, I like the armrest, as I rely on it for ease of getting into the car. (When I bought a 2012 Kia Soul, I had that dealer install the center console as well.)

Three comments on the armrest:
1. When lowered into position, the underside of the armrest will not clear a standard 20 oz. bottle of soda in the rear cup holder.
2. Although all stitching details in this car (at least in the white, black, and blue exteriors) are blue thread on dark gray/black material, the armrest has black stitching. If this is custom manufactured for this vehicle, a little more attention to detail would have been appreciated.
3. There is an opening in the forward facing end of the armrest. It seems as thought here is a plastic catch or friction holder inside the slot, but no one at the dealership could tell me why the armrest was finished this way or if there is a piece missing which would have made the end of the armrest make sense as designed. Does anyone know what's up with this opening?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I bought the armrest for my new Frost iA and just had the dealer install it. It took 2 techs and 2.5 hours to install because "there were no instructions on how to install it." Service department said that they had to disassemble the center console up to the gear shift in order to install the supporting metal framework.
Now that it's in, I like the armrest, as I rely on it for ease of getting into the car. (When I bought a 2012 Kia Soul, I had that dealer install the center console as well.)

Three comments on the armrest:
1. When lowered into position, the underside of the armrest will not clear a standard 20 oz. bottle of soda in the rear cup holder.
2. Although all stitching details in this car (at least in the white, black, and blue exteriors) are blue thread on dark gray/black material, the armrest has black stitching. If this is custom manufactured for this vehicle, a little more attention to detail would have been appreciated.
3. There is an opening in the forward facing end of the armrest. It seems as thought here is a plastic catch or friction holder inside the slot, but no one at the dealership could tell me why the armrest was finished this way or if there is a piece missing which would have made the end of the armrest make sense as designed. Does anyone know what's up with this opening?
not sure but I rather get the AU version

DA6C-V0-630

at least it has storage space - but a water bottle armrest is doing me fine for now :]

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts

Nice! Did you install the arm rest yourself?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts