Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll post a more detail review later but for now here's some pics

I need to adjust it a bit more but it's not blinding to other drivers. Most people put LED without proper shields or HID in reflectors and that's very dangerous. I pick a LED that matches halogen light output as much as possible.

The light is really good, pretty decent throw. The halogen light in the Scion iA is really subpar.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the side-by-side pics. Very helpful for someone like me who knows a little but is still ignorant to small details like this.

Would you mind sharing the product info or a link to where you purchased these? I was looking into H4 LED bulbs this morning on Amazon but there are a LOT of options out there.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I posted my review and links guess it never got the moderator's approval -_-

If you want a detail review you should google "Philips H4 LED Headlight bulb " review from a toyota tacoma site they use the same h4 bulbs. I'll PM you the link, I got a similar design but cheaper version.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'll post a more detail review later but for now here's some pics

I need to adjust it a bit more but it's not blinding to other drivers. Most people put LED without proper shields or HID in reflectors and that's very dangerous. I pick a LED that matches halogen light output as much as possible.

The light is really good, pretty decent throw. The halogen light in the Scion iA is really subpar.

Do you know if lights are positively or negatively wired?
I'm trying to put flashers to strobe the headlights along with my red emergency lights.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just got mine installed and holy moly what a difference! Know it's hard to tell a difference here but I'll try to take one tomorrow when i go out at night. I checked quick tonight and see a huge improvement. Mine look a little different than the original poster mine are Philips but have two sets of 4 LEDS not 3

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I recommend getting a product with a similar design to the PHILIPS H4 12953BWX2 LED BULBS . They design the LED housing to be being similar to halogen so the light beam would work in a halogen reflector.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
It seems all my upgrades are going to be 200 a piece that sucks I don't know What to get first Armrest-190, tint-180, clear bra-200, leds-200

·
Registered
204 Posts
It seems all my upgrades are going to be 200 a piece that sucks I don't know What to get first Armrest-190, tint-180, clear bra-200, leds-200
Also I get my Tint tomorrow for $165. 35% all around in Tennessee.
$165 seems expensive for tint... make sure it's good quality and has a warranty, mine is the same tint they use at the dealerships with a lifetime warranty and it only cost me like $140 i think

·
Registered
204 Posts
My tint is illegal lol. It's 15% all around except the 5% strip and 80% on the windshield. Florida law is 25% on the back windows and the windshield strip with nothing on the rest of the windshield, and 35% on the front windows. I checked my receipt lol. But in my opinion that's way too light, not really worth it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Oh lol I didn't think they were tinted at all from the factory I guess that's why 15% is harder to see out of at night in this than in my other cars

1 - 20 of 103 Posts