Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around the forum and have finally decided to post an introduction here. My current vehicle is a 2005 Mazda RX-8 but after years of taking a beating from long road trips and ditches, it's almost at the end of it's life.

Right now the Scion iA and iM is near the top of my list of possibilities but I'm veering towards the iA a bit because of it's guppy-like grill and Sport button.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Glad you have joined up. iA sounds fun to drive for what it is, and I also like the catfish grille. I also like the vehicle because it is ostensibly a Mazda, and I like Mazda.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Was the iA being Mazda-based a factor that pull you towards it? I know that will be the case for those into Mazda that are aware of what's going on here.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I wonder if sales people will be able to say that the iA is a Mazda in order to get people to buy it. Is that a fair sales technique when you are selling a Scion?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's similar to Mazda so it won't be too much a change for me and it's a lot cheaper than the 2016 Mazda6. The fact that the grill has a similar shape to my current car helps too. Not sure if the sales people can claim that it's a Mazda and get away with it. The hood logo on both cars are completely different.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, a lot more features comes standard with the Scion iA. If you start adding more features to the Mazda to have it similar to the iA, then it's going to cost more than the iA.

·
Registered
13 Posts
but if you guys are so into mazdas why not actually buy a MAzda???
Because Mazda decided not to sell the 2 in the US. The iA is cheaper than the 3, more fuel efficient, just as nice inside, not all that much smaller inside, and just as fun to drive. I would have bought it from mazda if I could have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts