Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So these past few days ive been looking into upgrades, going by the scion iA is basically a rebadged mazda 2, i have been looking into them.

Scion iA is 185/60-16
Mazda 2 is 185/55-15 (2016 mazda 2 is 185/60-16)

Both are 4x100 +45

Both use macpherson strut and twist beam rear end, typical B sub compact car.

Im going to go to the local performance shop and see if theyll let me bolt on some mazda 2 coil overs, im 95% sure theyll fit no issue haha

Ive found a ton of wheels from 15 to 18, but i want some 16x8, but offsets confuse me haha

So, maybe we can get off easy and be able to bolt on some of the last gen mazda 2??? I hope so, lol

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm kind of in the same situation.

I'm looking for suspension options and have started to look at the part numbers between the iA and older Mazda 2 to see what is the same.

So far, the front sway bar looks similar. I am looking at the front shocks this morning... Unfortunately the rear shocks are NOT the same as the last gen 2.

I'll keep looking and report back.

Edit: it doesn't look like the shock part numbers match up for the fronts either. :(

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theres a lot of times they'll use the same setup, but change the numbers between cars, so im going to see if import image racing will let me try a front on haha

·
Registered
206 Posts
True. And it may be the same shock body but with different valving.

I had a 2011 Mazda 2 that I put a Racing Beat suspension on... Things underneath look very similar, but may be off here or there. Looking forward to seeing what happens with the coilovers!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm unsure if they will just let me throw one on to try, it may be a month before I can afford them before trying them on lol either way I will report back OR if I can find a factory mazda 2 front strut...for cheap lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts