Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
The same can be said for even the way Toyota and Lexus grilles look.

I don't mind the look at all, adds a nice level of aggressiveness.

·
Registered
422 Posts
It really does have cat fish looks on the front end. I don't think that's a bad thing though. I think it's pretty cool that the front end looks like a fish face. :p

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It really does have cat fish looks on the front end. I don't think that's a bad thing though. I think it's pretty cool that the front end looks like a fish face. :p
Haha, it has grown on me >:)

·
Registered
422 Posts
just doesn't fit with the swoopy sides....mayber its just the pictures
I can see what you are saying but I can't decide for myself until I see it in person. I think we are primed to see the front as disconnected from the rest of the iA since we know that it is the part that is different from the Mazda2.

·
Registered
370 Posts
you'll want to look up video's of it on youtube to get a better look.
there's a B-Roll footage video posted here that helps a lot.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Scion chose the large grille to make the car look more aggressive and modern. Everyone from Lexus to Audi is designing cars with large grilles now, it's in fashion.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Also to make a statement, while it can be said to be good or bad, fact it... it is making that statement. Sure to get people looking over and talking.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also to make a statement, while it can be said to be good or bad, fact it... it is making that statement. Sure to get people looking over and talking.
Millennials are very much into making a statement, so cars need to be evocative and catch your attention. I suppose one could say that young people have always been into flashy cars though. Rimz and such.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Going off of that, the iA should greatly appeal to them, even more as they get inside and see what it comes with since as a mono-spec vehicle it's outfitted quite well.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think that the iA hits the right note between flashy and mainstream. It's interesting without being too in your face. It definitely will play well with the younger folks, and that is who Scion like to target so things should all work out well.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The interior does that surprisingly well too, which some might say is better than the exterior. I'm glad they payed that much attention to the interior as it's where we'll spend a lot of time.

·
Registered
422 Posts

I actually find the interior kinda boring. I just wish that everything wasn't black and silver. Just a touch of something else would have livened things up a bit.

·
Registered
401 Posts

I actually find the interior kinda boring. I just wish that everything wasn't black and silver. Just a touch of something else would have livened things up a bit.
I thought it was fine, simple enough but enough going on that it's not a boring compact.

What more would you like to see done?

post examples.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The interior has faux leather, with real stitching. It has carbon fiber trim, satin metal finish, etc. It's a class above the segment for sure. Not to mention the excellent layout of controls. The Scion iA is a clear leader in this segment on interior.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The interior has faux leather, with real stitching. It has carbon fiber trim, satin metal finish, etc. It's a class above the segment for sure. Not to mention the excellent layout of controls. The Scion iA is a clear leader in this segment on interior.
Exactly. We're getting a premium interior here.

But of course is Scion wasn't mono-spec, this would only be available in top spec.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts