Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else notice a noise out of first?sounds kind of like a creaking noise or a city bus or a tractor trailer braking

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A noise out of first gear when letting the clutch out and not the clutch chatter when you don't give it enough gas

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same thing here, I'm beginning to think this is normal.
Normal isn't always good... engine failure is normal with the BMW Nikasil V8's but that doesn't make it acceptable...
I'm not saying it is good or bad but everyone seems to be experiencing this. All clutch systems aren't created equal. Especially the fact that it's a dry clutch there could be a material used that causes this. Speculating of coarse but again it seems common among manual owners. I think eventually we'll see a TSB address this. Also in my experience when I let the clutch out easier I don't get that noise which to me reinforces it's a material to friction deal. The fact that the drive train doesn't have momentum yet like it would while moving in other gears could be causing it. In time we'll see.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Same thing here, I'm beginning to think this is normal.
Normal isn't always good... engine failure is normal with the BMW Nikasil V8's but that doesn't make it acceptable...
I'm not saying it is good or bad but everyone seems to be experiencing this. All clutch systems aren't created equal. Especially the fact that it's a dry clutch there could be a material used that causes this. Speculating of coarse but again it seems common among manual owners. I think eventually we'll see a TSB address this. Also in my experience when I let the clutch out easier I don't get that noise which to me reinforces it's a material to friction deal. The fact that the drive train doesn't have momentum yet like it would while moving in other gears could be causing it. In time we'll see.
I got my car back and the noise is gone! It was my trans, that one had major issues, this one doesn't make any odd noises no matter how you start off. Haven't heard anything in the 500 miles since I got it back earlier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine transmission is perfect, but on the bad driving days I make shifting mistakes and its still perfect- just not so smooth/fast

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've noticed that in the past week the noise of creaking leaving first gear seems to be non existent. Not sure if I adapted my driving as I previously noted if it's revved to high and eased to slow out of first it could be duplicated so I made an effort to match it better. Anyone else notice after 1k miles the noise subsided or disappeared?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've noticed that in the past week the noise of creaking leaving first gear seems to be non existent. Not sure if I adapted my driving as I previously noted if it's revved to high and eased to slow out of first it could be duplicated so I made an effort to match it better. Anyone else notice after 1k miles the noise subsided or disappeared?
With mine the noise didn't start till like 5.5-6k miles, and this new trans doesn't have it at all (yet)

·
Registered
37 Posts
So hypothetically if you go to the dealer multiple times and they deem nothing wrong and after warranty something happens related can you still get it covered?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts