Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I was cruising 45mph I was in 5th gear and I don't remember if it suddenly gave-out or if it (my music was blasting, though I didn't feel or hear any grinding) was when I went to shift to 6th but I suddenly couldn't get it in gear nor could I feel nor enter any gear positions, I was on a slight downhill so I coasted to a stop and it manage to move just enough while high-reving to get me to turn left into a church parking lot. We towed it to Jack Furrier and they won't look at it until maybe later today. They said they gotta take it apart to see what's wrong. My friend and i think it's the linkage to the clutch that gave-out or the ball bearings, we hope it's not something more expensive like the clutch or transmission itself. I've had the car for only a year, bought it used, drain-and-filled the transmission fluid with OEM fluid when I got it. Got very disappointed when I found out it doesn't have a transmission oil dipstick!!! I definitely should've got the 2015 Honda Fit instead for this reason! And I also hate how it's push-button start because my only key fob was left in my pant pockets got washed in the washing machine and I had to pay $1k to get new pair of key fobs so I could start my damn car! Always keep a spare key fob in safe place and never lose -em! I've since got a janitor keychain from Home Depot so I don't ever lose my keys! I've had to replace my driver's door window regulator/wiring last summer, was like $450 with the Toyota dealership but that was after I reset my car computer (never do that on a car newer than 2010) but what was worse is I lost the previous owner's Platinum package with the dealer when I did that! Because my car's memory was still linked to the previous owner! I later realized it had the wrong size battery in there, (cheap used car dealers do that a lot) so i replaced that recently for $100.
Any idea what this transmission problem could be? 😩

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a used 2016 scion iA at 39500miles with a manual transmission and in exactly 2 weeks, the engine exploded in 1st gear.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Rim
Nose Mouth Jaw Grey Style

I replaced the engine and the vehicle has been jerking since. There is no sign on the dashboard to tell what the problem is. I mounted a diagnosis machine but it says everything is fine. When I accelerate, the speed is abysmal. It doesn't drive like it used to. I changed the plugs and coils but no improvement. I'm looking for answers as well. Fill me in when you figure out what the problem is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts