Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Spy shots of the Scion iA went live just days before its world debut in New York. Taking advantage of this opportunity, here I combined pictures of both the iA and the Mazda 2 sedan it's based on in effort to make the visual differences very clear.

For a comprehensive comparison, showing everything you'll ever want to see, stay tuned as official Scion iA sedan pictures will be posted once they become available.

Discuss...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah they come very close, main differences are in the front ends.
Wish they changed more than what they did here.
Its not their MO. Take a look at scions lineup and the corresponding world car, the Scions only ever change the nose and assorted fripperies...

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think they could have done something just slightly different with the tail lights / rear of the vehicle. Doing that would differentiate it from the Mazda2 a little more so that it looks different from both the front and the back. I do like the front grille though. Maybe even better than what Mazda did.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I think they could have done something just slightly different with the tail lights / rear of the vehicle. Doing that would differentiate it from the Mazda2 a little more so that it looks different from both the front and the back. I do like the front grille though. Maybe even better than what Mazda did.
what exactly would you like to see them do differently?

·
Registered
164 Posts
problem is, thats not simple. the tail lights wrap around into the rear quarter panels and the deck, so its not a question of just change the lights right. And if they change the rear quarters does the design of the rear now flow with the rest of the car...?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^ Very true.

The front end was simple, only difference in design that requires parts to be changed are the headlights, fenders and the entire front. Easy for production, much unlike what changes to the rear would require.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what to change -- I'm not a car designer. I just think it would have been nice if there was something changed since right now the rear of the vehicle looks like it is just a Mazda2.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Will be a while before we see anything, that's if we're lucky. All will depend on how sales go.
Chances are they'll only push a bit harder if sales are lacking and need something to help them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts