Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure, I had the dealer install the armrest when I purchased the vehicle. The pedals weren't hard but the interior lighting kit was kind of a pain but worth it, lights up when the door open and cab be lit u with the gaugues at night.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was it a lot of wires to splice into for the footwell lighting ?
There were only three, however I had to adjust them more than once because the crimp style connectors are not the best. Had I scraped the wire casing down before installing the cramps it would have worked better. Lesson learned for the next time I install an accessory such as the rearview mirror. I have the instructions if you'd like to see them

·
Registered
235 Posts
There were only three, however I had to adjust them more than once because the crimp style connectors are not the best. Had I scraped the wire casing down before installing the cramps it would have worked better. Lesson learned for the next time I install an accessory such as the rearview mirror. I have the instructions if you'd like to see them
I would really appreciate that actually ! :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Instructions shared here would go a long way in helping the rest of the new guys here, as you can imagine a new vehicle like the iA will attract a lot of first time buyers and even first time DIY'er.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These are the lowest prices I could find for both parts, I ordered the auto dimming rearview mirror and will install that next week. I will put the instructions to the lights up tomorrow. A lot of the parts can be cross-referenced to the Mazda CX-3 as they share the same platform.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For the lights. I didn't take off the passenger dash or route the wire to the truck, as we only have the front dome lights so I used the electro tap near the other two in the driver footwell.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I also have the instructions for the pedals. The brake and clutch were simple off-on, the footrest required two holes in the carpet and the accelerator required two drilled holes with a template.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Will do. I noticed that the mirror response time is quick and it transitions very smoothly. My vehicle has tinted windows so I notice more glare from the side mirrors but this definitely looks more high end and falls in line with the rest of the interior (map/dome light housing aside).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.