Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just wanted to show that the Mazda pedals and lighting kit work perfectly. Debating on the auto dimming mirror now and trying to scare up a spoiler from the Thai version of the Mazda2.
was it hard to install the armrest

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure, I had the dealer install the armrest when I purchased the vehicle. The pedals weren't hard but the interior lighting kit was kind of a pain but worth it, lights up when the door open and cab be lit u with the gaugues at night.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was it a lot of wires to splice into for the footwell lighting ?
There were only three, however I had to adjust them more than once because the crimp style connectors are not the best. Had I scraped the wire casing down before installing the cramps it would have worked better. Lesson learned for the next time I install an accessory such as the rearview mirror. I have the instructions if you'd like to see them

·
Registered
235 Posts
There were only three, however I had to adjust them more than once because the crimp style connectors are not the best. Had I scraped the wire casing down before installing the cramps it would have worked better. Lesson learned for the next time I install an accessory such as the rearview mirror. I have the instructions if you'd like to see them
I would really appreciate that actually ! :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Instructions shared here would go a long way in helping the rest of the new guys here, as you can imagine a new vehicle like the iA will attract a lot of first time buyers and even first time DIY'er.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These are the lowest prices I could find for both parts, I ordered the auto dimming rearview mirror and will install that next week. I will put the instructions to the lights up tomorrow. A lot of the parts can be cross-referenced to the Mazda CX-3 as they share the same platform.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not cheap I know, both sets of parts were not than a month's payment but definitely enhance the experience IMO.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For the lights. I didn't take off the passenger dash or route the wire to the truck, as we only have the front dome lights so I used the electro tap near the other two in the driver footwell.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I also have the instructions for the pedals. The brake and clutch were simple off-on, the footrest required two holes in the carpet and the accelerator required two drilled holes with a template.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Auto-dimming mirror installed in less than an hour and works perfectly!
Keep us posted on how it goes with the range in lighting you'll be going through, hopefully it stays consistent in good performance, adjusting to situations with good timing as it should.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Will do. I noticed that the mirror response time is quick and it transitions very smoothly. My vehicle has tinted windows so I notice more glare from the side mirrors but this definitely looks more high end and falls in line with the rest of the interior (map/dome light housing aside).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts