Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Does anyone has the list which has the comparison of mechanical parts of IA and Mazda 2 ?
I have mazda 2 parts, can it be replaced with IA ?

thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Honesty, the only difference I notice from the two vehicles are the grills/front bumper... Financially, it will cost more than its worth for the manufacturer, Mazda to have two separate assembly of cars when it comes to the mechanical parts... I say go ahead and replace the parts,

What does everyone else think?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply,

But I noticed we can't replace headlamps (headlights), both are different
is it same ?

thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know that an air filter from a 2014 Mazda fits the 2016 iA. Can anyone tell me if brake pads from a 2014 Mazda 2 will fit the 2016 Scion iA? the previous Mazda 2 from 2014 was used as a bases for the Scion iA, but we need to figure out which parts swap.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I believe the ia and the mazda cx-3 uses similar parts too.. I changed the cabin air filter about 4 months ago by searching cx-3 air filter on amazon.. I also notice the arm rest that's on option for the ia is the same arm rest the cx-3 uses too.. I would think other parts are the same too..

I'm not to sure about headlights... I feel there isn't really much aftermarket support for this vehicle.. What a bummer..

Honestly, I wished Toyota didn't change the front grill and headlights, Mazda design language is so much better.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey how much are those armrests you can buy on Amazon? I can look it up but I'd be interested in what you guys have found out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Honestly they are pretty expensive.... 155 - 170 on eBay and Amazon...

But if your willing... (I'm not willing to put in the work... I can live without one)...

Google your local salvage yards, totalled collision centers etc...... Keep a look out for vehicles that come in that are 2016-2018 Mazda cx-3.... usually cars in general in these places have great parts for super cheap... You could probably walk away with a practical new arm rest for cheap. Also the parts are bargainable too. Would be surprised if you got one for 10 bucks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts