Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I drove without the radio. I hear a tapping that is more prominent after the engine is warm at stoplights. I don't know if it's the injectors or valves. It's an automatic. Do you hear this? I'm not use to direct injection so I don't know how much noise is normal or not.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm not sure if it's a ticking or tapping... But.. I did noise sometimes the engine idles rougher... I'm not sure if it had to do anything with temperature or anything.. just did my last complimentary oil change yesterday. Dealer said everything is working fine... No codes reported...but that doesn't mean I shouldn't do anything to maintain my vehicle as preventive maintenance since.... when codes are present that means theres already a problem... I'm planning to clean my throttle body and mass air flow sensor just to see if it idles better... Maybe try that...

Scotty kilmer is a YouTuber that has a video on how to do that..

Hope that helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel like I hear the ticking or tapping when the engine is warm more than cold. I don't know if it's the direct injection or engine noise, but mine is pretty loud from inside the cabin if I have radio off, windows up, ac off. Dealership said nothing's wrong. Do you hear this? I also notice the low idle at stop lights too without accessories.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Honestly haven't notice... Check back in later tonight.. I'll pay attention on the drive home from work... Idle is low for me too at stops

I feel like I hear the ticking or tapping when the engine is warm more than cold. I don't know if it's the direct injection or engine noise, but mine is pretty loud from inside the cabin if I have radio off, windows up, ac off. Dealership said nothing's wrong. Do you hear this? I also notice the low idle at stop lights too without accessories.

·
Registered
102 Posts
On the way home from work, windows up, ac off, radio off... Nothing.... Just normal humming background noise...

Hope that helps...

Honestly haven't notice... Check back in later tonight.. I'll pay attention on the drive home from work... Idle is low for me too at stops

1 - 5 of 5 Posts