Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If only the rest of the car matched this view...

we'll see how the boxy front end gets along with the swoopy profile...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Surprisingly it goes along well with Mazda's Kodo design language which takes up the entire side profile, belt line and all:

·
Registered
370 Posts
i always thought the rear end not being any different than the M2 it's based off of was a bad thing

Scion should have made changes to the rear end in line to what they did to the front end

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i always thought the rear end not being any different than the M2 it's based off of was a bad thing

Scion should have made changes to the rear end in line to what they did to the front end
they couldn't the rear profile design is dependant on the design of the rear

·
Registered
370 Posts
True.

It would require way too much to do.
Front ends are always easier to work with.

No one wants to create variations in how the rear 1/4 is stamped.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that and they want to cut any unnecessary spending

scion isn't ready yet for bigger changes.
well they don't own the means of production, its not Scions (or Toyotas) to control. It must still work within Mazdas assembly line

·
Registered
370 Posts
^ Very true.

Going about the differences in the way they did doesn't set the two apart much on the manufacturing end and of course with how we see it.

Anything else would be too much effort, too risky.

·
Registered
401 Posts
well they don't own the means of production, its not Scions (or Toyotas) to control. It must still work within Mazdas assembly line
Plus no one is expecting drastic changes from Scion as it relates to design.

Good enough should prove to be good enough.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My problem is less with the profile and more so with the rear not matching the front. I think that it would have been a good move for them to slightly alter the tail lights from what we see on the Mazda2. All they did was add the chrome to the top of the tail lights.

·
Registered
370 Posts
That all comes back to how expensive it would be to make changes in the rear than it is in the front.

Front end was distinctively Mazda, rear not nearly as much

·
Registered
422 Posts
I bet its frustrating being a Scion exec or designer. There are things that they want to do but they are restrained by budget.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I bet its frustrating being a Scion exec or designer. There are things that they want to do but they are restrained by budget.
They're used to it, it's not frustrating to them, it's only frustrating if they lack any understanding of the brand they're working for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My problem is less with the profile and more so with the rear not matching the front. I think that it would have been a good move for them to slightly alter the tail lights from what we see on the Mazda2. All they did was add the chrome to the top of the tail lights.

Did Toyota partner up with Mazda on this venture because the rear ends looks pretty much exactly the same..?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts