Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a small quip from a TorqueNews review, they feel the iA is the most premium vehicle Scion has ever offered. Is this true?

The Scion brand is now twelve years old and continues on its goal of reaching the elusive 18-34 year old buyer. One of their strategies for targeting that ever-changing audience is with two new subcompact vehicles, the Scion iM and iA. The 2016 Scion iA is a first for the brand on several levels. It’s their first sedan, their first collaboration with Mazda, and it’s the most premium vehicle Scion has ever offered.
http://www.torquenews.com/1080/2016-scion-ia-game-changing-new-subcompact#.VZU9bJ-_Iq8.twitter

·
Registered
31 Posts
Probably true, the FR-s is close but mostly it's a sports car so very Spartan in its nature. The rest of their cars have hard plastic everywhere.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm not sure it really matters. The iA is priced near the bottom of the segment. It is a nice car, even in comparison to its rivals, but I don't think saying its the most luxurious Scion is saying much.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure it really matters. The iA is priced near the bottom of the segment. It is a nice car, even in comparison to its rivals, but I don't think saying its the most luxurious Scion is saying much.
So why are you buying one then? You can get into a Micra for about the same cost as an iA and get a ton more features...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably true, the FR-s is close but mostly it's a sports car so very Spartan in its nature. The rest of their cars have hard plastic everywhere.
the iM is supposed to come with a bunch of great standard kit

nside, the iM is surprisingly well considered for a car that costs $19,000. The interior dash accent is well-placed and soft surface materials help keep attention away from the doors, which are powerfully dull. Same goes for the seats, which boast contrast stitching to help visually separate the black-on-black motif, but it does fall a little flat. The good news: You can fit five people in the hatch comfortably to cover up all the interior materials.

There’s plenty of room for gear with 60/40-split folding rear seats and 20.8 cubic feet of space in the cargo area with the seats up.

In keeping with Scion’s strategy of “mono spec” pricing, there’s really only two things to consider with the iM — color and transmission. The same Pioneer audio system comes in all models (with or without navigation as a dealer-installed option, for which there is no dedicated button and confused the **** out of a monkey like me), Bluetooth streaming and steering wheel-mounted controls. Can you hear the stereo? Because you should turn it up. Up a little more. The iM lets in a little more road noise than it should.

·
Registered
401 Posts
So why are you buying one then? You can get into a Micra for about the same cost as an iA and get a ton more features...
Micra... only if you live in Canada, they don't sell them in the U.S. unfortunately.

Chevy Sonic would be a good alternative and its a looker.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Micra... only if you live in Canada, they don't sell them in the U.S. unfortunately.

Chevy Sonic would be a good alternative and its a looker.
What I'm saying is if you're shopping in this segment there are certain expectations of hard plastic and sparse features. Its a price point pitch right...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts