Scion IA Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So for anyone installing the mud flaps, a few tips from my experience:

For the rear ones you WILL need to remove the entire plastic wheel well in order to put the metal screw retaining clips onto the holes in the bumper. From memory there are four Philips head screws (three of them on the bottom) and two plastic plugs on each side, plus a strangely shaped large plastic nut on only the right (passenger) side. Once these are removed, just pull the plastic toward the inside of the car to remove it.

The front is much simpler, you need only take out the three plastic clips on the front of the plastic panel to enable you to reach inside the rocker panel to push the rubber hole plug out of the bottom.

I'll post some pictures later, but hopefully this helps some to anyone who is working on it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Oh and you'll want the wheels off as well, each mud guard requires drilling one hole in the plastic wheel well and even with a right angle drill that'd be a tight squeeze with the wheel on.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It's really not too bad, and if you've got a question don't hesitate to post and I'll try to help out.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Had mine installed by the dealership, they aren't the largest mud guards but they clean up the look of the wheel well with the air deflectors in front of the tires. They give the car an overall lower look with a bit of sportiness, I am happy with them!

·
Registered
3 Posts
So for anyone installing the mud flaps, a few tips from my experience:

For the rear ones you WILL need to remove the entire plastic wheel well in order to put the metal screw retaining clips onto the holes in the bumper. From memory there are four Philips head screws (three of them on the bottom) and two plastic plugs on each side, plus a strangely shaped large plastic nut on only the right (passenger) side. Once these are removed, just pull the plastic toward the inside of the car to remove it.

The front is much simpler, you need only take out the three plastic clips on the front of the plastic panel to enable you to reach inside the rocker panel to push the rubber hole plug out of the bottom.

I'll post some pictures later, but hopefully this helps some to anyone who is working on it.
Can you post some pictures?

·
Registered
6 Posts
just ordered mud flaps for my new frost white yaris ia. i cant seem to find any pictures of them installed other than the accessory picture. does any one have pics? instructions?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts