Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first Scion was iQ- I Liked it very much, except CVT gear/ no gear transmission, still after putting in cold air in, lovering it on 17 inch momo- it was fun/cutie to drive- especially in the winter- it was like ATV :). Since my lease ended and no new IQ available in US- I gave a shot to mazda 2 sedan (2016 Scion iA) So far I'm very happy with this choice- of course to make it work I did lower it, put in cold air intake, tint windows , led bulbs. Puting same black 17 inch momo on in the few days. It will look spectacular- I know that is mazda 2 for the US, with that 'fish' grill. And I like that fish grill very much! mazda 2 sedan has no character. Only one bad thing about scion iA mazda 2 Skyactiv 1.5 liter engine- it was detuned for cheap gas in US, so it lost potential horses from 140 to 106 or so. I still like the unique look of it and my modifications made it fast enough for the money.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My first Scion was iQ- I Liked it very much, except CVT gear/ no gear transmission, still after putting in cold air in, lovering it on 17 inch momo- it was fun/cutie to drive- especially in the winter- it was like ATV :). Since my lease ended and no new IQ available in US- I gave a shot to mazda 2 sedan (2016 Scion iA) So far I'm very happy with this choice- of course to make it work I did lower it, put in cold air intake, tint windows , led bulbs. Puting same black 17 inch momo on in the few days. It will look spectacular- I know that is mazda 2 for the US, with that 'fish' grill. And I like that fish grill very much! mazda 2 sedan has no character. Only one bad thing about scion iA mazda 2 Skyactiv 1.5 liter engine- it was detuned for cheap gas in US, so it lost potential horses from 140 to 106 or so. I still like the unique look of it and my modifications made it fast enough for the money.
Do you have any pictures of your ride? I lowered mine too and installed a cold air intake. I'm waiting to install my MB bronze wheels until my tires are more worn. I stayed with 16" because I got such a good deal on them, $250 brand new. I want to tint my windows in the summer. I'm debating getting the tune from OVTune but I want some more information and save up more.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will post pics sometime this weekend- tomorrow putting on 17' on- my summer wheels on. I do have two sets- winter and summer (winter 16' and factory tires)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Glad you're enjoying your car. Unfortunately, you got one thing wrong. The Mazda2 front end >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Toyota's weird, angry design, lol. There is a tune that "wakes up" the car and it's from OrangeVirus Tuning. They estimate abour 14-20 hp gain. Since you got the air intake, I'd suggest getting a tune to take advantage of it because if it's stock, I doubt the car will be able to do anything about the "cold air" it gets. The engine might be able to put out 140 hp (maybe) but even the Mazda2 doesn't put out that much. I think it's still 106-ish and previous MX-5s that ha the 1.5l engine put out 120ish...I think? Anyways, I doubt we'll be able to get 140 hp from the engine unless you put a little more money into it but look into the tune if you haven't yet.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
are you talking about OrangeVirus SCAM website? Send us money and pray and your car will become supper car? You probably belong to this gang, if not where any evidence of tuned ia to 140 hp? really where? show me DYNO video? Nope? I did call orange scam- the dude said that he is located in secret location- I bet in his folks basement :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
are you talking about OrangeVirus SCAM website? Send us money and pray and your car will become supper car? You probably belong to this gang, if not where any evidence of tuned ia to 140 hp? really where? show me DYNO video? Nope? I did call orange scam- the dude said that he is located in secret location- I bet in his folks basement :)
I'm not going to respond to the scam thing you're talking about because I don't much have experience from them, only word of mouth from other iA owners who have gotten tunes from him. And as for the 140 hp thing, I don't really understand wtf you're saying, but it sounds like you think I said getting a tune will bump the engine up to 140 hp. No, I'm saying that a tune and a cold air intake will most likely not yield over 35 hp gains on a tiny NA engine.

I've also read over some of your comments and it seems like you're just a straight up ass in most instances. Yeah, I get it. You don't think a tune is worth it and the car will be slow regardless and I'm pretty sure everyone knows it, but we just want to make the car a bit more lively. So what if others want to tune their cars? It's none of your business what mods they want and I can say that you're dumb to lower your car and replace the rims with some ghetto-looking aftermarket ones, a long with LED bulbs in a reflector housing that'll put out terrible light because the reflectors weren't designed for it (I know, I've tried. From cheap no-name brands to H4 Philips 12953BWX2 that costs $200 usd.) But I'm not saying that because it's your car and I don't give a rat's ass how you wannt change up your car. Try being a bit nicer because right now, you're coming off as an arrogant ass. Thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here is no cure for stupid- I bought Philips X-treme Vision +130% Headlight Bulbs for $26 and it was the best investment, by the way reflector is designed for that. I don't care about RICERS or idiots like you- put more stickers on and add some diffusers stickers too- way to go!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seems You have no experience or knowledge about anything- just word of mouth "wisdom", so before typing your "word of mouth wisdom"- do research and better one- replace spring coils by yourself- I've done that too- it's FUN!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts