Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)I just ordered the nav card from my dealer ($400) but they want to charge me $165 to install it...is installation literally just inserting the sd card?? I could do that myself, right? They want to charge me 1.5 hours of labor to install it because "sometimes they have to re-do the antenna to make it work" Advice? Thanks!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would cancel your order. Nav works with GPS, unless they plan on re positioning the satellite the labor is wrong as well as the price. It is a plug and play unit bought mine for $250.00 as mobydee71 put it in the slot. Viola! There are reputable dealers on Ebay where you can do much better. A shame a dealer would handout BS like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking into the SD card as well and my dealer also said they would charge $125 for installation which is ridiculous because even a Scion iA training video on YouTube said all you do is stick it in. What a bunch of crap.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm looking into the SD card as well and my dealer also said they would charge $125 for installation which is ridiculous because even a Scion iA training video on YouTube said all you do is stick it in. What a bunch of crap.
Buy the thing on ebay, I bought mine for $250.00 plugged it in and it is perfect:)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Buy the thing on ebay, I bought mine for $250.00 plugged it in and it is perfect:)

I don't think the bolded above is really what robmerrill92 wanted to see for an installation solution for navigation.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Would've been cool if these Scion iA's would've been built with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto straight-from-the-factory. I would just use Google Maps on my smartphone like I do in my '11 Kia Soul if I end up getting a Scion iA.

·
Registered
98 Posts

I don't think the bolded above is really what robmerrill92 wanted to see for an installation solution for navigation.
The installation solution is buy it yourself and plug it in.... What someone wanted to see? I don't get it

·
Registered
330 Posts
The navigation doesn't have traffic included right? So it's just a plain GPS with no traffic/4G assist?

·
Registered
206 Posts
The navigation doesn't have traffic included right? So it's just a plain GPS with no traffic/4G assist?
It has HD traffic (using HD radio signals) in some cities. It works on major roads in Atlanta, but not so much on surface streets.

·
Registered
330 Posts
It has HD traffic (using HD radio signals) in some cities. It works on major roads in Atlanta, but not so much on surface streets.
Oh I never knew there was HD traffic signal, probably won't work as good as google map/waves I'm assuming :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Works pretty well in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. I've seen Interstate 75 turn yellow and red a few times. It works often enough in this area that I typically check it if I have to get anywhere using the highway.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm late to the party but I wanna get this installed too but I'm not sure which one to buy. I see one that appears to be the latest software on Amazon for $50 https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B081H8TVJR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 that I've just ordered. But I don't know if I need to have the original or previous software installed first, do I? I've just contacted the dealer parts department and they said the only part number that pops-up for my vehicle is PTMZD-1M160 but the Amazon one says it replaces that version and that that version was the previous version. So once it arrives, is it plug-n-play or...? I just stick-it-in to the SD port where my USB-A port, Aux, etc. are?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts