Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congrats!
9 miles!!!! First time I've seen single digits on a new vehicle :)
How is that stick shift? I was looking for one but they did not have any in white, so I took an auto since the fuel economy is 1mpg better.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Congrats and good choice on the manual, this is more than likely one of the last generations of cool compacts that will have a manual, best to take advantage of that. I think if it wasn't for the great gas mileage these got either transmission it come with... a manual wouldn't have been an option at all.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Do all of us have a goofy dealer/sales person story to tell of what?. Nice fall colors as well.
Well there is a no haggle sales policy so perhaps that means people have less connection with sales people. Or at least the quirky sales people remain quirky instead of having to engage them in negotiation which quickly turns their quirkiness sour.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I went through 3 salespeople at Toyota, they nearly lost the deal because they were screwing me around. The only no haggle part is the vehicle price, but they will screw you on everything else. In the first round they added $300 worth of pin striping plus $1000 for lo-jack plus some other **** and all that wonderful bargain at 5.41% over 66 months. **** yeah. I insisted on the advertised price without extras at 0.9% over 60 months and that is what I left with after 4 hours of bs. No haggle my ass.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mine had 3 miles off the showroom lol I love that color, how soft is the clutch though??? Also, welcome!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine had 3 miles off the showroom lol I love that color, how soft is the clutch though??? Also, welcome!!!
The clutch pedal is pretty light. If you've driven a new gen Fiesta, it is a bit heavier than that.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The clutch pedal is pretty light. If you've driven a new gen Fiesta, it is a bit heavier than that.

I hate the new clutch pedal feel, it's so light that I feel like it Isn't engaging lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats!
9 miles!!!! First time I've seen single digits on a new vehicle :)
How is that stick shift? I was looking for one but they did not have any in white, so I took an auto since the fuel economy is 1mpg better.
Ha, I think I took a picture while I was still at the dealership with 6 miles. It's pretty cool to see that, coming from a 157,000 mile station wagon.
Honestly, I think the difference in mpg is negligible. At those margins, it really comes down to driving habits. In my 70 miles, I've averaged (on the computer) 44.5mpg in mixed driving.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The other good thing about seeing that low of mileage on a new vehicle is the fact it shows techs had no concerns for driving it any more than they did during PDI, would hate to see a lot of miles and hearing how they were trying to diagnose a problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts