Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just purchased a 2016 Stealth iA, coming from a 2008 R56 Mini Cooper S. Kinda hard to match the level of smiles of that car but this thing is surprisingly fun!!!

Looking forward to learning from everybody and this forum!

Mods planned: TWM Abrams shift knob, lowering springs

Mods in progress: 17x8 XXR 531's, 205/45/R17 Hankook Ventus V12 EVOs

Mods already installed: 20% tint, black leather Wheelskins cover, intake resonator removal

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
You and another member have mentioned an intake resonator removal; are you just talking about taking out the plastic ducting between the airbox and the front grill?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome! I'm a Former R56 Justa and R55 Clubman S owner myself. The iA is a very simple car compared to the MINIs and I am really loving that. Good luck on the mods!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You and another member have mentioned an intake resonator removal; are you just talking about taking out the plastic ducting between the airbox and the front grill?
Correct. It sounds a lot throatier under acceleration. The butt dyno isn't really telling me there are any power gains but it sounds nice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! I'm a Former R56 Justa and R55 Clubman S owner myself. The iA is a very simple car compared to the MINIs and I am really loving that. Good luck on the mods!!
Very cool! And you're absolutely right, it's amazing just how "simple" the iA is compare to minis... Thanks as well!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Good choice of wheels!

Can't wait to see them on the iA since from what it seems the design will flow well Scions/Mazdas design.

The wheels:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Where in south, fl?? I pulled the resonator off, and just grounded my TB to my battery, and the throttle response is amazing

·
Registered
370 Posts
Will need some photoshop guru to make this happen. I think there might be some photoshop fourm out there that a request can be posted on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts