Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! I just bought a car off the show room floor, it looked great, so i decided why not? Its a scion and they're great, so here i am owning a brand new scion iA, and loving every second of it.

So, hi my name is Tim and i live down in naples, where does everyone reside?

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome Tim! Nice car and nice color! :)

Mine is same color, just a few hundred miles north of you!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to Toyota to get an oil-change in the Prius, then said "no no no" to the $600+ bill when it needed tires too, so i went looking at cars and this caught my eye, (i was looking at the ia/im anyway) heres then pulling it out of the showroom haha

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
I can see that being a common thing, for people who own somewhat fuel efficient vehicles to venture into the iA, for the mileage it gets.... it's amazing, you'll forget what a hybrid vehicle is. :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
I went to Toyota to get an oil-change in the Prius, then said "no no no" to the $600+ bill when it needed tires too, so i went looking at cars and this caught my eye, (i was looking at the ia/im anyway) heres then pulling it out of the showroom haha
hey welcome to the boards and congrats!! I know its early days but how are you finding the fuel econ vs your prius?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey welcome to the boards and congrats!! I know its early days but how are you finding the fuel econ vs your prius?

The prius did much better on trips to fort myers (about 35 miles away), but in city the mpg seems roughly the same. 400MPT vs 370MPT 12gal vs 10. I love the 6 speed trans and the peppyness of the car around town, the prius was just too heavy.

Over all, after 200 miles so far, im still in love with my iA

·
Registered
370 Posts
One thing that might help with driving in the city is to try to keep the vehicle rolling as much as you can rather than going through consistent stop and go, most people don't stick to a slow roll.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I try to do that, but the old people here love to ride the back bumper so ive learned to just get up to the car infront of my lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts