Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. Can't say long time lurker as I've only been researching on here for about a week, but yesterday I purchased a new '16 Scion iA, auto transmission, in the Abyss color. Loving the car and the fuel economy. The only complaint I have is that the trunk opening is about 1" too small to fit my coolers in the trunk for when I make the trips out of town for cheaper groceries. I did a fair amount of research and test driving before my purchase so the small size, engine power, etc that seem to be complaints from some really don't bother me as I knew what I was getting myself into. :) Looking forward to learning more here and sharing experiences/information the more I learn about this new toy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey welcome to the forums ! Plan on any modifications yet ?
Completely stock at the moment. But with the next pay check or two plan on changing that. Probably just some in-channel vent visors and OrangeVirus Tuning to start. But if find some reliable intake, exhaust, even forced induction, I'd definitely be interested. Haven't decided what to do for my next set of tires on it yet. In due time...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Completely stock at the moment. But with the next pay check or two plan on changing that. Probably just some in-channel vent visors and OrangeVirus Tuning to start. But if find some reliable intake, exhaust, even forced induction, I'd definitely be interested. Haven't decided what to do for my next set of tires on it yet. In due time...
Nice. Would definitely like to hear you're thoughts on it after the tuning

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Come visit me in Seattle
Always up for meets. Just need some time off. I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off, but already have plans for this week.

On my first tank so far since started Fuelly tracking so will add that to my signature soon. Computer showing 41.5mpg average on this tank so far so I can't complain about that, especially since my other daily driver was a '00 Dodge Durango averaging about 18mpg.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome. I would have gone with the dark blue/abyss or their dark gray, but those choices were not on the lot. I went with silver, which I have grown to like a lot. Enjoy your Mazda2 with a different badge, it's a great car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome. I would have gone with the dark blue/abyss or their dark gray, but those choices were not on the lot. I went with silver, which I have grown to like a lot. Enjoy your Mazda2 with a different badge, it's a great car.
My first choice in color would have been the graphite grey also, but wasn't available at the time of purchase. But I'm not complaining one bit. This Abyss blue is really growing on me. :D

Decided to look at the computer average MPG for just my trips back and forth to work and it's breaking 47mpg. Tuesday I'll fuel up and hand calculate everything, but I know I'll definitely be happy with the numbers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts