Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my Scion iA Monday night. Love the car...does anyone know of any mods for the cup holder area and a low profile spoiler for the trunk area?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Congrats on the iA.

Aside from the changes you want to make that you stated, are you planning to make any other changes or do any modifications?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

What type of mods do you want in the cup holder area?

I also have been on a lookout for a low profile lip spoiler for the trunk, but have not found any that are yet for sale. The Mazda 2 Sedan in other countries has an option that should work on our cars:

I will be sure and pass it on if i find one for sale.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a minor list of superficial, quick and easy mods I will be doing. In a bit, once I move and stabilize with money, I'll be working on some performance changes.

We are car people, shade tree mechanics if you will, and I see some pretty fun potential in this car.

The spoiler up there is one I was wanting actually, so I will check out that one online, see if I can find it.

The list of superficial mods-
-installing some blue tube style trim on dash and doors
-install the new speakers and amp (anyone know how to disassemble the radio? lol)
-under the seat lights (silly, but i think it should look neat)
-black rims, blue lugs
-wrap the wheel, looking for something with blue trim
-swap out the shift knob
-blue license plate holder

Im sure im forgetting things, but she's getting the rims and lugs, license plate holders this weekend. i have the sub and amp i want to install, just looking to see how in the name of all that is holy to access the sound stuff without destroying the dash. the lack of actual head unit is baffling me a bit LOL. we usually work on older carss

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome and congrats!

What type of mods do you want in the cup holder area?

I also have been on a lookout for a low profile lip spoiler for the trunk, but have not found any that are yet for sale. The Mazda 2 Sedan in other countries has an option that should work on our cars:

I will be sure and pass it on if i find one for sale.
i wonder how the mazda 6 lip spoiler would fit on the iA? I am finding lots of those, not so much the mazda 2, or at all really

·
Registered
401 Posts
The Mazda 6 is quite a bit wider than this car, I can't imagine the spoilers would be compatible.
Exactly. The only thing I can imagine someone being able to do is cut the Mazda 6 spoiler to fit the iA, that's it. At this point with how long they've been on the market for, chances are you can find it at a scrap yard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts