Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good morning Scioners! I have recently caught the Scion iA bug. I first wanted a 2016 iM, but, started staring at the iA and can't stop.

Question for all you new 2016 Scion iA owners. Do you find the front end design weird on your own iA? Or too cool for school? I am getting used to it more and more and I really am starting to think that the "gaping maw" that fellow Edmund's.com members think is ugly is actually one of the small car's many, many fine attributes.

This 2016 Scion iA is loaded for $15,400! How do you like your iA's ride and handling? Steering? Fun quotient? :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think the front grill is somewhat agressive: I like it. A lot of subcompact cars look toyish or playful, and I think that the iA is a little more classy looking.
The steering is a LITTLE dead on center, but honestly it's not bad once you're really turning. One thing I've noticed is how the headlights/turn signals don't really light up where you're turning at night, and it can be hard to see.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't mind the front end at all. Would I have preferred the Mazda front end? Yeah probably, but the Scion front is actually grown on me quite a bit. I find my car to be pretty attractive for a subcompact.

The car is great for a daily driver - relatively quiet (for a subcompact). Lots of fun to push it, while retaining semi-legal speeds and 35+mpgs!
Is it a sports car? No. But that's not why I bought it! :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I love my car, I pulled the intake resonater off and the car is much peppier now, its on the Facebook group

Welcome!!!

I'm in the process of finding how much the cx3 nose will be to swap, or if it needs to be the mazda 2 nose from japan haha

Reactions: scionic

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, do find that out. Though I do like the Scion iA FE, I wouldn't even want to change it. At all!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I love my car, I pulled the intake resonater off and the car is much peppier now, its on the Facebook group

Welcome!!!

I'm in the process of finding how much the cx3 nose will be to swap, or if it needs to be the mazda 2 nose from japan haha
Not bad at all, do you also hear it when you get on the throttle?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yup, it got a nice throaty noise now

·
Registered
172 Posts
They're there to make the intake quiet

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just went there on FB. Apparently I'll need to be added to the group. It won't let me join up by myself!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts